Father’s Day in Perth is a special occasion for the whole family to enjoy. If you’re stuck for ideas of how to spend the day with your Dad, Husband or Pop, we’ve done the hard work for you! Here are 50 fantastic ideas for Father’s Day Perth including places to eat, places to go and things to buy. Be sure to spoil the very special men in your family’s life this year.
Eating Out this Father’s Day in Perth
1. Enjoy Spring sunshine in the Perth Hills and visit The Parkerville Tavern, a charming heritage family pub and restaurant nestled in a wooded valley. Choose to sit indoors or outdoors in the huge beer garden where there’s a playground with its resident emus, sheep and even bandicoots to keep the kids amused. Dad will love a pint at the Parky! Read the Buggybuddys review.
2. Celebrate Father’s Day at Crown Perth. There is something to delight Dad at one of their many casual restaurants, no matter his craving. A Dad who appreciates a varied feast will love lunch or dinner at Epicurean, where he can indulge in an unparalleled array of world cuisine and exquisite desserts. Read our review of Crown Perth here.
3. Take Dad for a special buffet lunch at The Duxton Hotel. Tuck into a tasty selection of hot dishes, condiments, fresh salads ad desserts. The first beer for dad is free!!
4. Bailey Brewing Co. HAS to have one of the most family friendly beer gardens in Perth. Read the Buggybuddys review here.
5. Book in for breakfast, lunch or dinner at Homestead Brewery. Catch some live tunes in the beer garden, let the kids play in the fenced play area and celebrate all things fatherly. That means plenty of food and craft beer! Read the Buggybuddys review here.
6. Freo’s hottest spot, Gage Roads, is found right next to the Maritime Museum – perfect for a spot of lunch after a trip to the museum. Dads love boats, right? Read the Buggybuddys review.
7. Treat Dad to breakfast or lunch at the chilled out Oakover Grounds in the Swan Valley. There is plenty of space for the kids to run about and Dad will not be able to resist a boat around the lake in one of the free pedalos or even try fishing! Celebrate Father’s Day at The Grounds with a delicious brekkie, or Sunday lunch. Bookings are advised. Read the Buggybuddys review.
8. Enjoy Father’s Day lunch at The Vines Resort & Country Club. Guests en enjoy a buffet with a traditional carvery lunch AND desserts – perfect for the whole family. Plus you could enjoy a fun round of mini-golf with the family at The Vines Mini-Golf Course too.
9. Vic Park Hotel is brilliant for lunch with little ones. The huge outdoor courtyard has a fun soft-fall playground too. Read the Buggybuddys review.
10. Celebrate DAD this Father’s Day at 300 Acres Restaurant and Bar at Wembley Golf Course with a relaxed lunch overlooking 300 acres of parkland. Let the kids explore the golf themed playground, play a round of mini-golf or have a hit on the driving range to make a day of it. Read the Buggybuddys review
Things To Do this Father’s Day in Perth
11. The stunning Lake Leschenaultia is not only fun-filled – it’s FREE! There’s so many ways you can spend a day at the lake – a casual bike ride, hitting the dedicated mountain bike trails, enjoying a picnic or BBQ, canoeing or taking a walk around the lake. You can even camp there. The coffee kiosk is open weekends only. Read the Buggybuddys review here.
12. Perth Zoo is offering FREE entry for all Dads this Father’s Day from 9am! Why not make Dad’s visit extra special by booking a Close Encounter? You can get up close and personal with a giraffe, orangutan, Rhinoceros and many more. Find out more here.
13. A fun n FREE idea is to chuck the scooters or bikes in the back of the car and head to the coast or the city for a bike ride. The cycle paths along the Swan River or the ocean are very popular and there’s plenty of cafes and playgrounds along the way to stop. See our guide to cycle paths in Perth.
14. Is your Dad car-obsessed? This Father’s Day take him along to see the Fords Vs Holdens, motorbikes and even Daniel Ricciardo’s race winning F1 car at the Motor Museum of WA, at Whiteman Park. You can also tag on a visit to the village playgrounds or the other museums there, and have a ride on the Bennett Brook Railway. You can really make a full day out of it for Dad! Read the Buggybuddys review here.
15. If you want a good value, fun, family day out then Perth’s Outback Splash is a top choice. Enjoy the great outdoors exploring the many mazes, meeting the resident koalas and get competitive with a round of mini-golf this Father’s Day. Read the Buggybuddys review here.
16. Know a competitive Dad? Take him on this Father’s Day to the Wanneroo Botanic Gardens. Finish up by the winner buying lunch at the delicious Leapfrogs restaurant! Read the Buggybuddys Review of Wanneroo Botanic Golf and Leapfrogs.
17. A couple of hours climbing in a Treetops Adventure is so much fun! Treetops Adventure Yanchep has 7 challenging courses ranging from 2m low easy courses for your mini adventurers, all the way to 10m high for the adrenaline junkies! Read the Buggybuddys review.
18. Treat your dad to a buffet lunch on the Swan River with Captain Cook Cruises. Enjoy the picturesque waterways of the Swan and live entertainment and take in the sights of Elizabeth Quay and the Swan Brewery as you cruise towards Fremantle and back. To make it extra special your lunch cruise will feature live music and activities to keep the kids busy. Bookings essential.
19. Take Dad flying! At ifly you can go skydiving without having to jump out of a perfectly good plane. Indoor skydiving is a unique and adrenaline-filled sport in a wind tunnel that improves confidence, coordination and body awareness while having heaps of fun! You can join in if you’re 3 or 103, so Grandad may enjoy it too! Read the Buggybuddys review here.
21. Tell Dad to get his skates on and head to Cockburn Ice Arena! Skating around the Olympic sized ice skating rink is cool family fun. Read the Buggybuddys review here.
22. A visit to PeTteet Park in York to see the canola fields is a unique and memorable way to spend Father’s Day, and you can take great family photos while enjoying the beautiful scenery
23. If your Dad is an aviation fan then pack a family picnic and spend the morning plane and helicopter spotting at Jandakot Airport. Or take the family to view planes landing and taking off at Perth Airport Viewing Platform. Check online for the airport’s busy peak time.
24. If your Dad has green fingers then maybe he would appreciate a visit to Araluen Botanical Park where the Annual Tulip Festival is now in bloom. It’s a wonderful spot for a special Father’s Day picnic or family get together too.
25. Challenge Dad to a game of Mini Golf! It’s great fun for the whole family. Check out the best Mini Golf Courses to play in Perth & surrounds.
26. Take Dad along to visit the fascinating Perth Mint! Feast your eyes on the world’s biggest gold coin. Join a guided tour and see the Gold Exhibition – watch molten gold being poured and much more!
27. Optus Stadium is a brilliant place to take sports-mad Dads! Take a tour behind the scenes and peek into the changerooms or adventurous Dads may like one of their breathtaking rooftop tours! See more in our review.
28. Visit the Aviation Heritage Museum of WA, home of over 30 civilian and military aircraft located in Bullcreek. If you want to give Dad a special treat you could book him onto the tour of a Lancaster Bomber. Must be booked in advance.
29. Visit Yanchep National Park for some Koala and Kangaroo spotting. Explore the caves. You can pack a special Father’s Day picnic or enjoy lunch and indulge in some chocolate at The Chocolate Drops Tea Rooms.
30. Visit the WA Maritime Museum in Fremantle to explore WA’s fascinating history with the sea.
31. Take a different course across the Matagarup Bridge! There are fun walking tours, as well as the thrilling Zipline! Read all about it here.
32. A visit to the Aquarium (AQWA) is always fun for the family. Walk through the underwater tunnel and watch sharks and rays swim above you. Touch starfish and other creatures in the touch pools, and much more. Afterwards, you can have lunch at one of the many eateries in Hillarys Boat Harbour. Read the Buggybuddys Review
33. Enjoy a picnic at Kings Park with stunning views of the city and walk along the tree top walk. Or let the kids have a big play on one of the huge playgrounds and grab a bite to eat at a café.
34. Lock dad in an Escape Room! An Escape Room challenge is a whole heap of family fun! At Escape This, there are loads of different escape room challenges to choose from (our favourite has to be the pirate room). Perfect for older children, themed escape rooms come with a scenario and many brain teasing games to complete in order to unlock the door. Read more about it in the Buggybuddys review.
35. Challenge your Dad to a fun session of ten pin bowling at Zone Bowling in Joondalup. Read more about it in the Buggybuddys review.
36. Pay a visit to Mundaring Weir! Walk the dam, visit the lookout and then head to the Mundaring Weir Hotel afterwards for lunch. They have a playground for the kids and serve up pub grub for the whole family.
37. Caversham Wildlife Park is a fabulous place to get up close to Kangaroos and other Aussie animals and birds. They have animal encounters and farm shows, so you can time your visit to include these.
38. Spend a morning in the Perth Hills. Foodie Dads will love the Sunday Kalamunda Farmers Market and great cafes, or why not take an easy bushwalk to Lesmurdie Falls! Read the Buggybuddys Review here
39. Choo choo-se the Western Australian Rail Transport Museum as a fun spot to take Dad! Filled with many steam locomotives and diesel engines, there’s plenty to explore. Many of the trains and carriages are able to be walked through – including the very special royal carriage! Read more in the Buggybuddys review.
40. Give Dad a challenge – take him to Rockface Indoor Rock Climbing Centre in Balcatta for some indoor climbing. Suitable for all levels of experience, beginners will be welcomed and shown the ropes. Read the Buggybuddys review for more details.
41. The Cuddly Animal Farm in the Swan Valley makes a fun and educational outing. See various farm animals in their environment, such as ponies, geese, goats, pigs and donkeys plus enjoy a fun tractor ride.
42. Explore the Swan View Tunnel at John Forrest National Park! It’s a fascinating spot and if you fancy a long-ish 5kms bushwalk you can incorporate the beautiful National Park Falls too. Read the Buggybuddys review.
43. Visit a playground you have never been to before – from pirate ships to volcanos, race tracks and nature play, Perth has it all. Take a BBQ or picnic along to enjoy with Dad. Check out the huge Buggybuddys list for ideas north and south of the river.
44. Does your dad LOVE fishing? Throw in a line to the ocean or Swan River! See our guide to fishing spots in Perth here.
Gifts for Dad
45. Create an “I love Dad” mug that he will treasure forever at The Pottery Playroom in Joondalup. Bookings are advisable.
46. Emma – The Sleep Company have mattresses, bed bases and pillows perfect for dads who overheat, move around or struggle on finding the ‘comfy’ spot at night when they sleep. View the range here
47. If Dad is loves a glass of wine or two then check VINOMOFO who are having a week-long ultimate Father’s Day sale with some amazing deals on wine.
48. If Dad loves his food why not bring some variety to family meals by ordering a meal box from Everyplate – the cheapest meal box around with meals from $4.79. Get 40% off your first box and 20% off your next two with the code BUGGYBUDDYS. There are no lock in contracts and you can skip a week or cancel at any time. Sign up here
49. Personalise your Father’s Day gift with Bright Star Kids. You can even trick the kids into giving Dad a massage with the cool Road Massage T-Shirt.
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!
Find more Father’s Day Events in Perth
- S&R Orchard Christmas and Fruit Picking Festival, Walliston - December 1, 2023
- The Best Water Slides in Perth - November 22, 2023
- Masonmill Gardens, Carmel - November 22, 2023
- Perth’s Outback Splash, Bullsbrook - November 21, 2023
- The Maze at Perth’s Outback Splash - November 21, 2023
- Bilya Koort Boodja Cultural Centre, Northam - November 15, 2023
- The Kid-Friendly Guide to Scarborough - November 8, 2023
- Zoie Cafe, Scarborough - November 8, 2023
- Best Mini Golf Courses in Perth - November 8, 2023
- Mini Golf at Wanneroo Botanic Gardens - November 8, 2023