Father’s Day in Perth is a special occasion for the whole family to enjoy. If you’re stuck for ideas of how to spend the day with your Dad, Husband or Pop, we’ve done the hard work for you! Here are 50 fantastic ideas for Fathers Day Perth including places to eat, places to go and things to buy to spoil the very special men in your family’s life.
Eating Out this Father’s Day in Perth
- Enjoy Spring sunshine in the Perth Hills and visit Parkerville Tavern, a gorgeous heritage family pub and restaurant nestled in a wooded valley. Choose to sit indoors or outdoors in the huge beer garden where there’s a playground with its resident emus, goats and bandicoots to keep the kids amused. Dad will love a pint at the Parky! Read the Buggybuddys review.
- Treat Dad to breakfast or lunch at the chilled out Oakover Grounds in the Swan Valley. There is plenty of space for the kids to run about and Dad will not be able to resist a boat around the lake in one of the free pedalos or even try fishing! Celebrate Father’s Day at The Grounds with a delicious brekkie (Adults $39.90 and kids $16.90, under 2’s free), or Sunday lunch (Adults $65pp and kids $29.90). Bookings are essential Read the Buggybuddys review.
3. Enjoy Father’s Day lunch at The Vines Resort & Country Club. Guests will be invited to the buffet for a traditional carvery lunch with desserts – perfect for the whole family. Plus you could enjoy a round of mini-golf with the family at The Vines Mini-Golf Course. $79 adults | Kids 5-12 yrs $39.50 | Under 4 yr’s FREE
4. Dine with Dad at The Pavilion, Mindarie this Father’s Day Perth. Enjoy complimentary hair cuts for Dad & kids, pop up ‘Dad’ stalls, live entertainment, whisky tasting & the ultimate slot car racer for all Dad’s to enjoy! Adults $65 | Teens (13-17 years) $40 Children (4 to 12) $25 | Under 4’s FREE.
5. Celebrate Father’s Day at Crown Perth. There is something to delight Dad at one of their many casual restaurants, no matter his craving. A Dad who appreciates a varied feast will love lunch or dinner at Epicurean, where he can indulge in an unparalleled array of world cuisine and exquisite desserts. Read our review of Crown Perth here.
6. Indulge Dad this Father’s Day at the Harbour Master Restaurant at Esplanade Hotel – by Rydges with a Guy-Tea. With a twist on your typical High Tea, Guy-tea features a selection of delicious sliders, tempting bite-sized pub favourites, and heavenly desserts. PLUS a cheeky beverage on arrival AND a gift for dad!
7. Take Dad for a special buffet lunch at the Joondalup Resort. Tuck into sticky BBQ glazed pork ribs, slow-cooked smokey beef brisket, selection of hot dishes, condiments, fresh salads, desserts and a sausage sizzle for the kids. Includes 3 hours of beer, wine, soft drinks and juices, cuddly animal farm, face painting, balloon twister and games as well as live acoustic music.Available from 12–3pm, the buffet lunch costs Adults $99 | Teens (13-17) $69 | Children (5-12) $39 | Under 4 FREE
8. Spoil Dad this year in the beautiful surrounds of the Swan Valley and spend your day at Elmar’s with the whole family. Whether it’s a Bratwurst Plate, a delicious Pork Schnitzel or our Signature Dish- the ever-popular Pork Shank, there is something for every Dad and the whole family. Read the Buggybuddys review.
9. Book in for breakfast, lunch or dinner at Homestead Brewery. Catch some live tunes in the beer garden, let the kids play in the fenced play area and celebrate all things fatherly. That means plenty of food and craft beer! Read the Buggybuddys review here.
10. Celebrate DAD this Father’s Day at 300 Acres Restaurant and Bar at Wembley Golf Course with a relaxed lunch overlooking 300 Acres of parkland. Let the kids explore the playground, play a round of mini-golf or have a hit on the driving range to make a day of it. Read the Buggybuddys review
Things To Do this Father’s Day in Perth
11. If your Dad is a LEGO fan then a visit to the Brickworks: Sunken Ships in LEGO Bricks Exhibition is a must see! Read our review here
12. Is your Dad car-obsessed? This Fathers Day take him along to see the Fords Vs Holdens, Motorbikes and Daniel Ricciardo’s F1 car at the Motor Museum of WA, which is within Whiteman Park. You can also tag on a visit to the village playgrounds or the other museums there, and have a ride on the Bennett Brook Railway. You can really make a full day out of it for Dad! Read the Buggybuddys review here.
13. If you want a good value, fun, family day out then Perth’s Outback Splash is a top choice. Enjoy the great outdoors exploring the many mazes, meeting the resident animals and get competitive with a round of mini-golf this Father’s Day. Read the Buggybuddys review here.
14. Perth Zoo is offering FREE entry for all Dads this Father’s Day from 9am! Why not make Dad’s visit extra special by booking a Close Encounter. You can get upclose and personal with a giraffe, orangutan, Rhinoceros and many more. Find out more here.
15. A fun n FREE idea is to chuck the scooters or bikes in the back of the car and head to the coast or the city for a bike ride. The cycle paths along the Swan River or the ocean are very popular and there’s plenty of cafes and playgrounds along the way to stop.
16. Know a competitive Dad? Take him on this Father’s Day to the Wanneroo Botanic Gardens. All Dads are encouraged to hand in their score-card post game, the Dad with the lowest score will win a Mini Group (family) pass to visit Perth’s Outback Splash this summer and $100 to celebrate at Leapfrogs next time you are here. Plus, the Leapfrogs Export Larger launches Fathers Day weekend and pints are just $10! Read the Buggybuddys Review of Wanneroo Botanic Golf and Leapfrogs.
18. Treat your dad to a buffet lunch on the Swan River with Captain Cook Cruises. Enjoy the picturesque waterways of the Swan and live entertainment and take in the sights of Elizabeth Quay and the Swan Brewery as you cruise towards Fremantle and back. To make it extra special your lunch cruise will feature live music and activities to keep the kids busy. There is also an opportunity to win some fantastic prize giveaways including a FAMILY PASS to Perth’s favourite paradise Rottnest Island! Adults $115 | Children (4-14yrs) $82| Infants (Under 4s) FREE. Bookings essential.
19. Take Dad flying! At ifly you can go skydiving without having to jump out of a perfectly good plane. Indoor skydiving is a unique and adrenaline-filled sport in a wind tunnel that improves confidence, coordination and body awareness while having heaps of fun! You can join in if you’re 3 or 103, so Grandad may enjoy it too! Read the Buggybuddys review here.
21. Celebrate Father’s Day in Perth by going fishing! Check out the Buggybuddys list of our favourite fishing spots around Perth. View the list here
23. If your Dad is an aviation fan then pack a family picnic and spend the morning plane and helicopter spotting at Jandakot Airport. Or take the family to view planes landing and taking off at Perth Airport Viewing Platform. Check online for the airport’s busy peak time.
24. If your Dad has green fingers then maybe he would appreciate a visit to Araluen Botanical Park where the Annual Tulip Festival is in full bloom until 3rd October. It’s a wonderful spot for a special Father’s Day picnic or family get together too.
25. Challenge Dad to a game of Mini Golf! It’s great fun for the whole family. Check out the best Mini Golf Courses to play in Perth & surrounds.
26. Take Dad along to visit the fascinating Perth Mint! Feast your eyes on the world’s biggest gold coin. Join a guided tour and see the Gold Exhibition – watch molten gold being poured and much more! Open 9am-5pm.
27. Take a ferry ride from Elizabeth Quay on the Little Ferry Co! Stop at a café at The Point or Claisebrook Cove or at the parklands next to Perth Stadium. It’s a lovely river ride! Read the Buggybuddys review here.
28. Visit the Aviation Heritage Museum of WA, home of over 30 civilian and military aircraft located in Bullcreek. If you want to give Dad a special treat you could book him onto the tour of a Lancaster Bomber. Must be booked in advance.
29. Visit Yanchep National Park for some Koala and Kangaroo spotting. You can pack a special Father’s Day picnic or enjoy lunch and indulge in some chocolate at The Chocolate Drops Tea Rooms. Cost: $13 per car.
30. Visit the WA Maritime Museum in Fremantle to explore WA’s fascinating history with the sea.
31. Let Dad enjoy being a big kid again by challenging him to a duel at Inflatable World. Locations in Joondalup, Ballajura, Leeming and Shenton Park.
32. A visit to the Aquarium (AQWA) is always fun for the family. Walk through the underwater tunnel and watch sharks and rays swim above you. Touch starfish and other creatures in the touchpools, and much more. Afterwards you can have lunch at one of the many eateries in Hillarys Boat Harbour. AQWA is open 10am–5pm. Read the Buggybuddys Review
33. Enjoy a picnic at Kings Park with stunning views of the city and walk along the tree top walk. Or let the kids have a big play at the Lotterywest Family playground and grab a bite to eat at Stickybeaks Café.
34. Head to Synergy Playground in Kings Park to climb the giant Croc or Dino. Have a yummy breakie at Zamia Café or make your own bbq breakie or lunch there.
35. Challenge your Dad to a fun session of ten pin bowling at Zone Bowling in Joondalup. Read more about it in the Buggybuddys review.
36. Enjoy a picnic at Bells Rapids in Brigadoon.
37. Pay a visit to Mundaring Weir– walk the dam, visit the look out and then head to the Mundaring Weir Hotel afterwards for lunch. They have a playground for the kids and serve up a Lamb Spit at 3pm every Sunday.
38. Caversham Wildlife Park is a fabulous place to get up close to Kangaroos and other Ozzie animals and birds. They have animal encounters and farm shows, so you can time your visit to include these.
40. Give Dad a challenge – take him to Rockface Indoor Rock Climbing Centre in Balcatta for some indoor climbing. Suitable for all levels of experience, beginners will be welcomed and shown the ropes. Read the Buggybuddys review for more details.
41. The Cuddly Animal Farm in the Swan Valley makes a fun and educational outing. See various farm animals in their environment, such as ponies, geese, goats, pigs and donkeys plus enjoy a fun tractor ride.
42. Visit a playground you have never been to before – from pirate ships to volcanos, race tracks and nature play, Perth has it all. Take a BBQ or picnic along to enjoy. Check out the huge Buggybuddys list for ideas north and south of the river.
43. If Dad is a wine lover then why not treat him to a Father’s Day Case of wines from VINOMOFO! He’ll get to enjoy $310 worth of wines for just $149. Available while stocks last! He’ll enjoy 52% off a super-serious age worthy Barossa shiraz worth $150, a Coonawarra cabernet blend from one of the region’s most epic producers worth $85, and a top shelf McLaren Vale grenache shiraz worth $75. Visit the VINOMOFO website
44. Create a “I love Dad” mug that he will treasure forever at The Pottery Playroom in Joondalup. Bookings are advisable.
45. Emma – The Sleep Company are celebrating Father’s Day is with a massive 45% off mattresses, bed bases and pillows. Perfect for dads who overheat, move around or struggle on finding the ‘comfy’ spot at night when they sleep. This is a massive saving of up to $900 off Emma’s new premium mattress, the Emma Diamond Hybrid. Discount duration: August 23 – September 5 2021. View the range here
46. If your Dad is an avid reader of magazines you can’t go wrong with a Readly subscription. Readly gives you unlimited access to thousands of Magazines, including major international publications, for one low monthly fee. Available to read online and offline, all in one app. No contract which means you can cancel at any time. Sign up here and get a month’s free trial.
48. If Dad loves his food why not bring some variety to family meals by ordering a meal box from Everyplate – the cheapest meal box around with meals from $4.79. Get 40% off your first box and 20% off your next two with the code BUGGYBUDDYS. There are no lock in contracts and you can skip a week or cancel at any time. Sign up here
49. Personalise your Father’s Day gift with Bright Star Kids. You can even trick the kids into giving Dad a massage with the cool Road Massage T-Shirt. Get 20% off storewide when you buy 3 or more items.
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!
Find more Father’s Day Events in Perth
- S&R Orchard Autumn Festival, Walliston - May 20, 2022
- Ooh La Lollipop, Bridgetown - May 17, 2022
- Perth Restaurants with Epic Playgrounds! - May 17, 2022
- The Best Family Friendly Restaurants in Fremantle - May 17, 2022
- Pemberton Tramway Company, Pemberton - May 11, 2022
- Top 10 Swan Valley Family Friendly Restaurants - May 11, 2022
- HaVe Harvey Cheese, Harvey - May 11, 2022
- Zip Line Courses in Perth and WA - May 5, 2022
- Golden Valley Tree Park, Balingup - May 5, 2022
- Southern Forests Chocolate Company, Pemberton - April 30, 2022