Father’s Day in Perth is a special occasion for the whole family to enjoy. If you’re stuck for ideas of how to spend the day with your Dad, Husband or Pop, we’ve done the hard work for you! Here’s 50 fantastic ideas for Fathers Day Perth including places to eat, places to go and things to buy to spoil the very special men in your family’s life.
- Enjoy Spring sunshine in the Perth Hills and visit Parkerville Tavern, a gorgeous heritage family pub and restaurant nestled in a wooded valley. Choose to sit indoors or outdoors in the huge beer garden where there’s a playground with its resident emus, goats and bandicoots to keep the kids amused. On Father’s Day, breakfast is on from 8am to 10am (bookings required). Lunch and dinner bookings are not necessary – walk-ins only from 11am. Live music will be happening from 3pm. Sad will love a pint at the Parky! Read the Buggybuddys review.
- Treat Dad to breakfast or lunch at the chilled out Oakover Grounds in the Swan Valley. There is plenty of space for the kids to run about and Dad will not be able to resist a boat around the lake in one of the free pedalos or even try fishing! Celebrate Father’s Day at The Grounds with a delicious brekkie (Adults $29.90 and kids $15.50, under 2’s free), or $55 lunch with a free beer for Dad ($49pp). Bookings are essential Read the Buggybuddys review.
3. Head to Brozeit and book a lunch or dinner to spoil your Super Dad with delicious German food! There will be special giveaway beer hampers for four lucky dads on the day! Read the Buggybuddys review here.
4. Dine with Dad at The Pavilion, Mindarie this Father’s Day. With floor to ceiling windows boasting spectacular views over the marina, Dad can kick back enjoy the view and tuck into a hearty deluxe buffet. The kids will be taken care of with lots of family entertainment, including Game Vault! Adults $50 | Children (4 to 12) $25 | Under 4’s FREE.
5. Treat Dad to a huge plate of Spur’s famous ribs at Eagle Rock Spur, Currambine or Eagle Falls Spur, Wanneroo! Look forward to a peaceful meal as it will be hard to get the kids out of their fabulous indoor playroom. Read the Buggybuddys reviews Eagle Rock Spur Eagle Falls.
6. Head to the Swan Valley this Father’s Day. Elmar’s in the Valley has delicious German style eats on it’s menu. Lunch seatings are 11am and 2.30pm and Dinner from 6pm. Elmar’s in house musician Ben Merito will also be playing. Bookings are essential! Read the Buggybuddys review.
7. Take Dad for a special buffet lunch at Bistro 38 at the Joondalup Resort. Enjoy the delicious carvery and chocolate fountain, plus two hours of free-flowing sparkling wine, beer and soft drinks. Available from 12–3pm, the buffet lunch costs $69 for adults, $35 for teens 13–17 years, $25 kids 5–12 years, Under 4s free. There’s also a huge Fathers day buffet in their Lakeview ballroom! Read the Buggybuddys review.
8. Relax at the gorgeous, newly renovated Holiday Inn which is situated right in the middle of the city. There’s $25 ribs and pint specials for lunch and dinner at their restaurant Ivy and Jack. There is a great kid’s menu too. With so many attractions nearby, you can take a walk around the city afterwards or help Dad shop for his prezzie! Read the Buggybuddys review.
9. Book in for breakfast, lunch or dinner at Homestead Brewery. Catch some live tunes in the beer garden, let the kids play in the fenced play area and celebrate all things fatherly. That means plenty of food and craft beer! A great gift idea is their Fathers Day Brewery Tour with Head Brewer, Justin Bishop, which sells out fast. Read the Buggybuddys review here.
10. Enjoy a full buffet breakfast at the Ashby Bar and Bistro. Adults $27.50, Kids 12 to 5 years old $13.50 and 4 years and under eat FREE. Or head there for the buffet lunch! Read the Buggybuddys review.
Things To Do
11. Is your Dad car obsessed? Take him along to see the Fords Vs Holdens, Motorbikes and Daniel Ricciardo’s F1 car at the Motor Museum of WA, which is within Whiteman Park. You can also tag on a visit to the village playgrounds or the other museums there, and have a ride on the Bennett Brook Railway. You can really make a full day out of it for Dad! Read the Buggybuddys review here.
12. If you want a good value, fun, family day out then The Maze Family Fun Park is a top choice. This Father’s Day there’s a FREE hot dog for Dads! Enjoy the great outdoors at The Maze this Father’s Day. Read the Buggybuddys review here.
13. Perth Zoo is offering FREE entry for all Dads this Father’s Day from 9am! Why not make Dad’s visit extra special by booking a Close Encounter. You can get upclose and personal with a giraffe, orangutan, Rhinoceros and many more. Find out more here.
14. Celebrate Father’s Day, all dads can enter Scitech for FREE on Sunday, September 2! Scitech will have all the usual science goodness including theatre shows, the new exhibition, puppet shows and more. Plus, Dads will enjoy the epic Planetarium shows! Read the Buggybuddys review here.
15. A fun n FREE idea is to chuck the scooters or bikes in the back of the car and head to the coast or the city for a bike ride. The cycle paths along the Swan River or the ocean are very popular and there’s plenty of cafes and playgrounds along the way to stop.
18. Treat your dad to a buffet lunch on the Swan River with Captain Cook Cruises. Enjoy the picturesque waterways of the Swan and live entertainment and take in the sights of Elizabeth Quay and the Swan Brewery as you cruise towards Fremantle and back. The Dads will enjoy a Whipper Snapper Whiskey tasting and a gift. Adults $85 | Children (4-14yrs) $45 | Infants (Under 4s) FREE. Bookings essential.
19. Take Dad flying! At ifly you can go skydiving without having to jump out of a perfectly good plane. Indoor skydiving is a unique and adrenaline-filled sport in a wind tunnel that improves confidence, coordination and body awareness while having heaps of fun! You can join in if you’re 3 or 103, so Grandad may enjoy it too! Read the Buggybuddys review here.
20. Surprise Dad with trip down memory lane this Father’s Day! The Nostalgia Box is Australia’s 1st interactive Video Game Console Museum, located in Northbridge. They’re offering Dads FREE entry on Father’s Day, use code ‘itsaMeDad’ to book on their website. Read the Buggybuddys review here.
21. Wanneroo Markets are holding a special Father’s Day Family Fun Day. They’ll be “circus fun” with a roving magician, face painter, kids activities, live entertainment and more. Read the Buggybuddys review here.
23. If your Dad is an aviation fan then pack a family picnic and spend the morning plane and helicopter spotting at Jandakot Airport. Or take the family to view planes landing and taking off at Perth Airport Viewing Platform. Check online for the airport’s busy peak time.
24. If your Dad has green fingers then maybe he would appreciate a visit to Araluen Botanical Park where the Annual Tulip Festival is in full bloom until 24th September. It’s a wonderful spot for a special Father’s Day picnic or family get together too.
25. Challenge Dad to a game of Mini Golf! It’s great fun for the whole family. Check out the Top Ten Mini Golf Courses to play in Perth & surrounds.
26. Take Dad along to visit the fascinating Perth Mint for FREE! Dads can enjoy free entry on Father’s Day, so they can feast their eyes on the world’s biggest gold coin. Join a guided tour and see the Gold Exhibition – watch molten gold being poured and much more! Cost: Adults $25, Kids $8 and Under 4’s Free. Open 9am-5pm.
27. Take a ferry ride from Elizabeth Quay on the Little Ferry Co! Stop at a café at The Point or Claisebrook Cove or at the parklands next to Perth Stadium. It’s a lovely river ride! Read the Buggybuddys review here.
28. Visit the Aviation Heritage Museum of WA, home of over 30 civilian and military aircraft located in Bullcreek. If you want to give Dad a special treat you could book him onto the tour of a Lancaster Bomber. Adults $10. Kids 4 to 16 $5. Family pass (2 adults & 4 children) $25. Lancaster Bomber Tour $100 per person. Must be booked in advance.
29. Visit Yanchep National Park for some Koala and Kangaroo spotting. You can pack a special Father’s Day picnic or enjoy lunch and indulge in some chocolate at The Chocolate Drops Tea Rooms. Cost: $13 per car.
30. Visit the WA Maritime Museum in Fremantle to explore WA’s fascinating history with the sea. Cost: Adults $15, Kids $7.50.
31. Let Dad enjoy being a big kid again by challenging him to a duel at Inflatable World. Locations in Joondalup, Ballajura, Leeming and Shenton Park. Entry $16. Children under 5 $8.
32. A visit to the Aquarium (AQWA) is always fun for the family. Walk through the underwater tunnel and watch sharks and rays swim above you. Touch starfish and other creatures in the touchpools, and much more. Afterwards you can have lunch at one of the many eateries in Hillarys Boat Harbour. AQWA is open 10am–5pm.
33. Enjoy a picnic at Kings Park with stunning views of the city and walk along the tree top walk. Or let the kids have a big play at the Lotterywest Family playground and grab a bite to eat at Stickybeaks Café.
34. Head to Synergy Playground in Kings Park to climb the giant Croc or Dino. Have a yummy breakie at Zamia Café or make your own bbq breakie or lunch there.
35. Challenge your Dad to a fun session of ten pin bowling at AMF in Joondalup. Read more about it in the Buggybuddys review.
36. Enjoy a picnic at Bells Rapids in Brigadoon. The kids will love discovering the tree swings on the other side of the bridge!
37. Pay a visit to Mundaring Weir– walk the dam, visit the look out and then head to the Mundaring Weir Hotel afterwards for lunch. They have a playground for the kids and serve up a Lamb Spit at 3pm every Sunday.
38. Caversham Wildlife Park is a fabulous place to get up close to Kangaroos and other Ozzie animals and birds. They have animal encounters and farm shows, so you can time your visit to include these.
39. Spend a morning in the Perth Hills. Foodie Dads will love Kalamunda Farmers Market and great cafes, or take a bushwalk to Lesmurdie Falls! Read the Buggybuddys Review here.
40. Give Dad a challenge – take him to City Summit in Malaga for some indoor climbing. Suitable for all levels of experience, beginners will be welcomed and shown the ropes. Read the Buggybuddys review for more details.
41. Landsdale Farm School makes a fun and educational outing. See various farm animals in their environment, such as ponies, geese, goats, pigs and donkeys. The popular Haystack Café is on the farm and they serve a great brekkie with fresh farm eggs, as well as also serving lunch.
42. Visit a playground you have never been to before – from pirate ships to volcanos, race tracks and nature play, Perth has it all. Take a BBQ or picnic along to enjoy. Check out the huge Buggybuddys list for ideas north and south of the river.
43. Does the Dad in your life love a good “Dad joke” and fun things to put up in his man-cave or behind his bar? Try the Manbase website for some fun and humorous gifts.
45. The Australia Geographic Shop is a fabulous shop full of science gadgets, weather stations, telescopes, binoculars, puzzles, games and more. Shop online for some great Father’s Day gift ideas.
46. Buy Dad some barbeque accessories to inspire and prepare him for the summer ahead! Try Barbecues Galore for some ideas.
47. Give the Dad in your life an excuse to visit Bunnings (does he really need one?) – you can order personalised Gift Cards online without setting foot there yourself!
48. Choose a magazine that reflects your Dad’s hobby or interests and buy him an annual subscription. Try Magshop or isubscribe.
50. Why not purchase a Gift Card for BCF (Boating • Camping • Fishing) if your Dad loves activities in the great outdoors. You can buy it online.
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!
- Cycling with Kids in Perth - May 29, 2020
- COVID-Safe Kids Birthday Parties in Perth - May 15, 2020
- National Parks and Regional Parks in Perth - April 30, 2020
- Mother’s Day Gift Ideas in Perth - April 24, 2020
- Best Book Shops for Kids in Perth - April 15, 2020
- Family Friendly Perth Restaurants & Cafes Offering Take Away - April 10, 2020
- Virtual Tours of Perth and WA Attractions - April 7, 2020
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Online Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- 20 Indoor Activities for Parents - March 21, 2020