Rockingham Foreshore enjoyed a facelift a few years ago. It’s a brilliant spot to set up a cabana on the beach and spend a sunny day with the kids.
Along the ocean front is a terraced area, with plenty of built-in sun lounges.
This cool area also has a very fun way of accessing the sand for kids – via slide! The concrete slippery dip has a rock wall either side, so little ones can climb up and slide again and again.
My son loves it here, as the waters are generally really calm. There’s also a couple of pontoons that older kids will love to swim out to and jump off.
There’s a jetty which plenty of people were fishing off too.
The foreshore is lined by a shady, grassy park, where there are a few traditional play areas to be found. Here, there are also plenty of picnic tables and free BBQs to enjoy a sausage sizzle or picnic.
We stuck to the southern end of the foreshore. A little further north, you’ll find the popular Ship Playground too.
Can’t be bothered carting your own food along? That’s no worries as there are a tonne of cafes, takeaways and restaurants. Sweet tooth’s will love Eye Scream Café, while easy take away fish and chips can be found right on the foreshore too.
Be sure to head down to Rocko for a fun and cheap summer’s day out for the family on the Rockingham Foreshore!
Rockingham Foreshore can be found on Rockingham Beach Road.
- Scarborough Sunset Markets - December 9, 2023
- Avocados Bar & Grill, Kelmscott - December 9, 2023
- Grounded Cafe at Northshore Kallaroo - December 6, 2023
- Best Outdoor Cinemas in Perth – 2023/2024 - December 6, 2023
- S&R Orchard Christmas and Fruit Picking Festival, Walliston - December 1, 2023
- Masonmill Gardens, Carmel - November 22, 2023
- Perth’s Outback Splash, Bullsbrook - November 21, 2023
- The Maze at Perth’s Outback Splash - November 21, 2023
- The Best Water Slides in Perth - November 19, 2023
- Bilya Koort Boodja Cultural Centre, Northam - November 15, 2023