Perth Airport viewing platform is the perfect place to take little aviation enthusiasts to watch the arrivals and departures of aeroplanes on Perth airport’s main runway.
The Perth Airport viewing platform is located on Dunreath Drive and is open every day between 6.30am and 7.00pm (October to March) and 7.30am and 5.30pm (April to September). There is a large car park and parking is FREE.
Access to the viewing is via a pathway that is both wheelchair and pram friendly.
The platform itself has been designed with a range of unique features that pay homage to the aviation industry.
The shelter is in the shape of the body section of a Boeing 747. The platform itself is 120 feet in length – the same length as the first-ever airborne flight undertaken by the Wright brothers on 17 December 1903
Educational signage is also in place on the platform so that people can learn about the history of aviation and the airport while they watch the aircraft.
The is some simple wooden seating on the platform area but if you fancy staying longer and maybe bringing along a picnic I recommend bringing along some comfy chairs, they were several people there when we visited that had done just that!
The Perth Airport viewing platform is located on Dunreath Drive.
Find more places to visit with kids in Perth
- Monet in Paris at Crown Perth - November 15, 2023
- Best Teacher Gifts - November 15, 2023
- How to Help an Ageing Loved One Find the Perfect Living Accommodation - November 14, 2023
- Best Non-Chocolate Advent Calendars for Kids 2023 - November 12, 2023
- Santa Perth – List of the Best Places to get Santa Pictures Perth - November 8, 2023
- Burns Beach Twilight Markets - November 3, 2023
- The Canning Show - November 2, 2023
- Tokyo Treat Subscription Box Review - October 11, 2023
- The Life Boat, Mindarie Marina - September 29, 2023
- Kien Strawberry Farm - September 21, 2023