Perth Airport viewing platform is the perfect place to take little aviation enthusiasts to watch the arrivals and departures of aeroplanes on Perth airport’s main runway.
The Perth Airport viewing platform is located on Dunreath Drive and is open every day between 6.30am and 7.00pm (October to March) and 7.30am and 5.30pm (April to September). There is a large car park and parking is FREE.
Access to the viewing is via a pathway that is both wheelchair and pram friendly.
The platform itself has been designed with a range of unique features that pay homage to the aviation industry.
The shelter is in the shape of the body section of a Boeing 747. The platform itself is 120 feet in length – the same length as the first ever airborne flight undertaken by the Wright brothers on 17 December 1903
Educational signage is also in place on the platform so that people can learn about the history of aviation and the airport while they watch the aircraft.
The is some simple wooden seating on the platform area but if you fancy staying longer and maybe bringing along a picnic I recommend bringing along some comfy chairs, they were several people there when we visited that had done just that!
The Perth Airport viewing platform is located on Dunreath Drive.
Find more places to visit with kids in Perth
- Next Level Monkey Business, Dunsborough - May 25, 2020
- Online Library Activities & Services During COVID-19 - April 24, 2020
- Free Online Exercise Classes for Kids - April 3, 2020
- Swan Valley Adventure Centre School Holiday Program - March 16, 2020
- Top Items You Need For Middle School - March 15, 2020
- Little Herberts, Wembley - January 22, 2020
- Bathers Beach House, Fremantle - December 11, 2019
- Charter 1 Sailing, Fremantle - November 20, 2019
- Old Wild West, Hillarys - November 7, 2019
- Ivy & Jack, Perth City - October 4, 2019