Spring has sprung in the Perth Hills! At S&R Orchard in Walliston, the popular blossom festival is back for another season. This year, it has a Japanese theme. The Saku Blossom Festival is on for two weeks (Sept 14th to 30th) when the family-run orchard opens its gates to the public. Its opens each day, but on weekends is when you’ll find the most fun.
There is one entry fee, $10 for adults on weekends, $5 during the week (cash only) and kids under 12 are free. Then you’re free to explore the grounds. The stone fruit orchard is a stunning place to take a wander with your family through the pink and white blossom, which smells heavenly. As well as plenty of photo opportunities, it’s also a lovely spot to throw down a picnic rug.
There are Japanese-style arches to take a photo by, as well as a flower pot wall and other props scattered around the orchard.
Japanese style food and drinks will also be on offer and if you really want to immerse yourself in the theme, Kimono Hire by Perth Kimono Club is available on weekends too.
There are a few market stalls, some selling fresh farm produce, as well as over 20 food vans, an ice cream van and a coffee van so if you didn’t want to take along a picnic, there are other options.
Tractor train (weekends only)
Animal Farm (weekends only)
Flower Crown Making – extra $10 charge (weekends only)
Carmel Cider Co Serving award winning cider and Juice (weekends only)
Kids Veggie Planting (weekends only)
The planting is a brilliant hands on activity. Children are provided with a mini watering can, small trowel, and gloves to dig and plant their seedling in a designated area.
And good news for dog lovers – your pets are welcome too. Ruby enjoyed walkies around the blossoms.
The Blossom Festival days can get very busy so be prepared to queue for some of the activities and food. This year more parking has been made available. Portaloos are available on site.
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- Family Friendly Perth Restaurants & Cafes Offering Take Away - March 25, 2020
- 20 Indoor Activities for Parents - March 21, 2020
- 40 Fun Indoor Activities for Kids at Home - March 15, 2020
- Kingsway Markets, Madeley - March 11, 2020
- Playgrounds with Sporting Facilities in Perth - March 4, 2020
- Family Friendly Breweries in Perth and the Swan Valley - March 4, 2020
- The Ultimate Kid-Friendly Guide to Hillarys Boat Harbour - March 3, 2020
- Stadium Café, Lathlain - February 29, 2020