Leapfrogs Cafe in Wanneroo is a favourite family restaurant set amongst the beautiful Wanneroo Botanical Gardens. This makes it the perfect spot for a bit of lunch and mini golf!
Leapfrogs’ casual, but funky, alfresco dining area is mainly covered and the indoor dining area has been extended. The always bustling spot is open for breakfast, lunch (Tues-Sun) and dinner (Thurs– Sun).
As well as lots of specials on the board, there’s a huge menu that’s full of all sorts of food to enjoy – nachos, salads, burgers, parmi, pasta fish n chips and much more. Head Chef Mark Gill is formerly from Little Creatures – so it comes as no surprise that Leapfrogs also has fantastic pizzas. Woodfired pizzas are the speciality served Thursdays to Sunday. There’s a lot of different toppings to choose from and gluten free bases are on offer too. We particularly like to dine on a balmy summers evening!
For kids, high chairs are available. On the kids menu, as well as pizza (ham and cheese with the option of pineapple too), there’s pasta, a burger and more to choose from. Little Chef loves the pizza!
His dad is a little obsessed with meat lovers pizzas, so is no surprise he usually orders the “Carnivore” ($27) topped with prosciutto, hot pepperoni, ham, bacon, sausage and of course, mozzarella cheese.
I was looking for something light and opted for a baby squid salad, which is fresh and tasty.
And if you have room – there’s the dessert pizza… this epic creation is topped with marshmallows, chocolate custard, crumble and double cream! It’s got to be tried.
While you’re enjoying brunch, lunch or dinner at Leapfrogs, walking off all that delicious food with a game of golf is always a great idea. The Wanneroo Botanical Gardens are home to not one, but two mini golf courses. As well as a regular 18 hole course, there is also a Billiard Golf course, which is slightly different to regular mini golf. Both are lots of fun!
Kids will love exploring all the little pathways around the gardens. Be sure to watch little ones around the water features.
Bookings are recommended at Leapfrogs Café in Wanneroo, as it gets busy during evenings, particularly on weekends when there is often live acoustic entertainment. Leapfrogs is a top spot for a tasty family meal at any time of day!
Find Leapfrogs at 25 Drovers Place, Wanneroo.
Discover more family friendly restaurants in Perth here.
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- Family Friendly Perth Restaurants & Cafes Offering Take Away - March 25, 2020
- 20 Indoor Activities for Parents - March 21, 2020
- 40 Fun Indoor Activities for Kids at Home - March 15, 2020
- Kingsway Markets, Madeley - March 11, 2020
- Playgrounds with Sporting Facilities in Perth - March 4, 2020
- Family Friendly Breweries in Perth and the Swan Valley - March 4, 2020
- The Ultimate Kid-Friendly Guide to Hillarys Boat Harbour - March 3, 2020
- Stadium Café, Lathlain - February 29, 2020