Perth City’s library is an architectural stunner. Located next to the newly restored Cathedral square precinct, sits the circular building which is the Perth City Library.
This multi-level Perth City Library has an entire level dedicated just for kids, with the tree of life sitting right in the middle of it. There are books for older kids on one side and books for younger kids on the other. All kids can come to the middle to lounge on the beanbags and read amongst the ‘animals’ with natural sunlight beaming in. There are toilets and also baby facilities such as a change table on this level.
The library runs both baby rhyme time (0-2yrs old) on Thursdays from 10.30am -11.00am. This session includes stories and songs catered specially to babies and younger toddlers. For kids aged 2-5 yrs old, there is story time which happens on a Tuesday from 10.30am – 11.30am. This includes stories, songs and finishing with a craft session. Both are lots of fun and it’s the perfect way to introduce babies and kids to the wonderful world of books. Both story time and rhyme time are held on level 4, around the tree of life.
The Perth City library also features levels dedicated to young adults, a history centre, an outdoor terrace, wi-fi throughout, multi-function room etc. For more info visit their website.
At the entrance, there is the information counter where you can sign up for free membership to enjoy all the library has to offer. You can also sign up via the online registration website and collect your card in person when you get there. There is also a cafe within the library.
Next time you come to the city, pack some morning tea or lunch and sit on the beautiful lawn just outside the library.
” The more that you read, the more things you’ll know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go “. Dr Suess.
Perth City Library
573 Hay Street, Perth
Monday to Friday: 8.00am – 6.00pm.
Saturday: 10.00am – 4.00pm.
Sunday: 12.00pm – 4.00pm.
Find more things to do in Perth City
- Perth Mango Farm - February 27, 2023
- Smiths Beach Resort, Margaret River - November 17, 2020
- Banjup Local - September 24, 2020
- Sprolo, South Perth - September 8, 2020
- Happy Feet Children’s Footwear, Alfred Cove - September 24, 2019
- Stacked Cafe, Fremantle - March 27, 2019
- The Quarter Acre Hotel, Applecross - February 26, 2019
- May Street Larder, East Fremantle - February 20, 2019
- Someday Coffee Co, Floreat - February 17, 2019
- Steamlab: Coffee and Tea Specialist, Applecross - October 3, 2018