There’s a new mini golf course at Masonmill! The exciting addition to the family-friendly hills restaurant is loads of fun.
UPDATE APRIL 2022 – the Masonmill restaurant is currently closed but the mini golf is still open
We collected our golf clubs (which come in 3 different heights), score sheet and brightly coloured balls from the gift shop. There are ice creams and cold drinks for sale, as well as a snack vending machine. Under the pergolas are shady picnic tables and a small fenced and gated area with a few picnic tables too, to keep toddlers close by.
The terraced course is mainly flat, so easily accessed by most people, though the gravel footpaths are not be easily navigated by prams or wheelchairs. There is a planned toddler golf currently in the works.
The course is very rustic with local materials, like logs and huge coffee rocks used as obstacles. The logs are perfect for sitting on if you’re waiting your turn to putt.
The mini golf is challenging, but not difficult, we didn’t often go over the seven-stroke limit on a hole. There are a few tight angles, tunnels, “bunkers” and slopes – just to make things tricky! We enjoyed it and Little Chef was happy not to come last – that was his Nanna haha!
Make sure you slip, slop, slap – being a new attraction the trees that have been planted don’t provide any shade yet and the whole course is in full sun. In summer, the floodlit mini golf course is planned to be open on Friday and Saturday nights too.
Spring is a beautiful time of year to visit Masonmill, which has stunning rose gardens to explore in between the restaurant and mini golf. What many people don’t know about is the hidden French Gardens, found up some steps behind the restaurant. They are absolutely spectacular and the kids will love a wander around the pathways and find beautifully manicured hidden nooks.
Masonmill is located at 40 Masonmill Road, Carmel. For more information visit masonmillgardens.com.au
- Quinninup Tavern, Quinninup - June 29, 2022
- Lake Leschenaultia Mountain Bike Trails, Chidlow - June 23, 2022
- Things to do on a Rainy Day in Perth with Kids - June 18, 2022
- Big Brook Dam, Pemberton - June 14, 2022
- The Best Swan Valley Cafes for Kids - June 14, 2022
- Source Kitchen, Pemberton - June 5, 2022
- Kid Friendly Swan Valley Breakfast Spots - May 25, 2022
- The Best Waterfalls in Perth - May 25, 2022
- Swan Valley Station, Henley Brook - May 24, 2022
- Ooh La Lollipop, Bridgetown - May 21, 2022