On our recent camping adventure, we needed a little break from the beach and headed into Walpole and Denmark for a little outing. We stopped at Dinosaur World: Bird & Reptile Park and Parrot Jungle.
It was a small operation, which made things nice and simple. The price was reasonable too at just $35 for a family entry.
Upon entrance into the museum, you won’t miss the enormous dinosaur bones and reptile exhibits. For dinosaur lovers, this room would have been quite exciting, but I headed straight out to the gardens to see the birds.
It was quite a unique situation with the “Parrot Jungle”. The birds were sitting on their perches and we were able to hold many of them on our fingers, shoulders, and even our heads! One of the cockatoos kept shouting, “Hello Darling!” which gave us all a laugh.
There were several large bird habitats in the gardens with a variety of birds from around Australia. You could spend quite a while reading about each one, but we chose a nice shady table to enjoy our picnic lunch instead.
We lingered around to participate in the Reptile Handling which occurs daily at 11:00am and 2:00pm. It was so interesting hearing about all the reptiles, and then everyone who wanted got a chance to hold each one.
The staff was informative and friendly and very patiently answered all of our questions.
After a couple of hours at Dinosaur World, we stopped off at The Toffee Factory for some yummy ice cream, toffee, and cider (tastings for the grown ups). The ice cream was delicious, but the most special thing about it was choosing a “mix in”, and they whipped up our flavour right there and then for each one of us. Yummy! Between the ice cream, toffee samples, cubby house, and cider we all left happy and ready to return to our campsite at the beach.
- Blank Canvas Gifts -CLOSED - December 1, 2016
- Kalamunda Water Park - March 6, 2015
- Roll n Dice Barber Shop, Canning Vale - November 1, 2014
- Top Ten Halloween Party Tips for Kids - October 17, 2014
- Kinderdental Paediatric Dentist, Claremont - August 21, 2014
- Outback Jacks, Northbridge - May 14, 2014
- Dinosaur World: Bird and Reptile Park, Denmark - January 23, 2014
- Top Activities For Under 5’s at Adventure World - December 11, 2013
- Xscape at the Cape Fun Park, Dunsborough - April 24, 2013