Tucked away down Wolf Lane you’ll find the grungy cool of Toastface Grillah. You may know it from it’s OG location in Grand Lane, and it has recently moved to larger spot in an equally cool Perth laneway. It’s a top spot for a gourmet toastie for breakfast, brunch or lunch in the city, because who doesn’t love simple cheap ‘n cheerful comfort food like this?!
The rapper reference to Ghostface Killah, will no doubt go over kid’s heads, but they’ll love the toasties nonetheless. We’re big toasted sandwich fans and I can assure you the offerings at TFG is much more than Mum’s simple cheese and tomato toastie. The café itself is urban cool. It’s casual and small, with a few benches dotted around the courtyard and some cool beats in the background.
There’s no need for a kids menu here. The toasties are all superb in there gooey, oozey cheesy-ness. The toasted sarnies are done very well, with delicious, fresh ingredients used. Little Chef loved the simple “Get Ya Veg”, vegemite and cheese toastie.
Some of the other tasty fillings, named after rappers, are the “NOTORIOUS B.A.G.” with crispy bacon, pink lady apple, creamy Gouda and white onion. The SNOOP HOG with pulled pork shoulder, house made smokey bbq sauce, caramelised onion and creamy cheddar, is also a winner.
Their coffee (by Micrology Coffee Roasters) is also well worth checking out.
You need to know your alleyways of the Perth CBD to find it. It’s located in Wolf Lane, where there’s some fantastic, vibrant street art, best accessed from Murray St. If you’re feeling a bit lost and see the giant fish, wolf or seahorse – then you’re heading in the right direction!
Lil Toastface, a hole in the wall spot, is also open opposite the Heath Ledger Theatre in Northbridge. Toastface Grillah, a shrine to the humble jaffle, is well worth checking out for some cheap, but oh so delicious toasties in the city.
Find Toastface Grillah at Shop 7/329-331 Murray Street, Wolf Lane, Perth.
- The Ultimate Guide to Laser Tag in Perth - June 17, 2021
- Ultimate Guide to Things to Do in Albany with Kids - June 16, 2021
- Kids Cooking Classes in Perth - June 3, 2021
- Best Places for Bowling in Perth - June 3, 2021
- Be a Tourist in Your Own City – Our Guide to Perth Attractions - May 20, 2021
- Whistlepipe Gully Walk Trail, Perth Hills - May 19, 2021
- Places to Stop on the Way to South West WA - May 15, 2021
- Toastface Grillah, Perth City - May 7, 2021
- Ocean and Paddock, Albany - May 3, 2021
- Family Friendly Wineries in the Swan Valley and Perth Hills - April 30, 2021