The Mundaring Hotel is over a century old, and it’s recently enjoyed a little freshen up by new owners. They also run the popular Parkerville Hotel.
Found in the heart of Mundaring, opposite the Sculpture Park, there’s a number of different areas to sit and enjoy a pub meal after a play in the park.
Chillax in the beer garden, by the kids playground, or sit indoors in the lounge, or lovely restaurant.
We enjoyed the spring sunshine in the beer garden. There’s plenty of tables on the lawn, as well as a paved terrace area. Like the Parky, there is minimal table service outside, so order at the bar and your food will be brought to you. This area is not table service so we had to order and collect our food inside.
Little Chef was happy to play on the playground. The partially shaded area is fenced on three sides with open access to the outdoor seating area. The sand based play area has two structures – a sort of fort-like tunnel area with slide, as well as a wooden cubby house with attached swings, climbing wall and slide.
There are also activity/colouring packs for sale in the bar.
The menu includes traditional pub grub and daily specials, like a Sunday roast. My lunch, a GF option of the homemade beef cheeks pie ($27). Slow cooked braised beef cheeks in port wine with vegetables and mash. Originally the incorrect meal came out, and I was left waiting by the waiter, who I had to prompt a second time to check with the kitchen for me. Besides having to wait about 10+ mins for a replacement dish, it was very tasty.
Little Chef ordered the mac and cheese. It got two thumbs up and also came with a slice of garlic bread.
There’s a few other kids options on the menu…
Dogs are welcome too!
We enjoyed our visit to the Mundaring Hotel and found the food to be tasty, though the service could have been more efficient. The playground kept Little Chef entertained while waiting for the food and allowed us to finish ours in peace too.
Mundaring Hotel – The Details
Find the Mundaring Hotel at the corner of Jacoby and Nichol Streets, Mundaring.
For more information visit mundaringhotel.com.au
Find more family friendly restaurants in Perth here.
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- Family Friendly Perth Restaurants & Cafes Offering Take Away - March 25, 2020
- 20 Indoor Activities for Parents - March 21, 2020
- 40 Fun Indoor Activities for Kids at Home - March 15, 2020
- Kingsway Markets, Madeley - March 11, 2020
- Playgrounds with Sporting Facilities in Perth - March 4, 2020
- Family Friendly Breweries in Perth and the Swan Valley - March 4, 2020
- The Ultimate Kid-Friendly Guide to Hillarys Boat Harbour - March 3, 2020
- Stadium Café, Lathlain - February 29, 2020