When visiting a seaside town, it would be rude not to sample the local fish ‘n chips, right? In Albany you’re spoilt for choice with more than one award winning seafood spot. Voted WA’s Best Fish and Chips three years running, Ocean and Paddock is a very popular take away. There is also a dine in area for those who want to eat their fish straight from the fryer.
The service is welcoming and quality of the food exceptional, with local catches changing daily. You can expect to see Albany Bronze Whaler Shark, Queen Snapper, Blue Groper, Dhufish and Albany Nannygai chalked up on the blackboard. As well as the seafood offering, their chicken and beef burgers are very popular. Manjimup potatoes are used to make their moreish chips.
I’m gluten intolerant, so a plateful of fish and chips is a pretty rare treat for me. At Ocean and Paddock, they cater well for GF peeps (and vegetarians too), with a wide range of options to suit both diets. I can report that the GF batter is as good as the real deal. The fish is incredibly fresh and full of flavour.
For kids, there are a few options – grilled and battered fish, spag bol, chicken nuggets and squid too. Each meal comes with chips or salad, for $11. There are highchairs available for little ones. Little Chef found his portion of crispy battered fish and chips very generous, not to mention fresh and tasty. He tucked into the special in-house sauces and vinegar too.
Ocean and Paddock is a great spot for a casual and filling family meal when in Albany. The restaurant is just a minute’s drive from Middleton Beach, making it perfect to grab an easy take away to enjoy on a picnic rug down at the beautiful Middleton Beach foreshore or at nearby Eyre Park.
Find Ocean and Paddock at 116 Middelton Rd, Middleton Beach, Albany.
- The Ultimate Guide to Laser Tag in Perth - June 17, 2021
- Ultimate Guide to Things to Do in Albany with Kids - June 16, 2021
- Kids Cooking Classes in Perth - June 3, 2021
- Best Places for Bowling in Perth - June 3, 2021
- Be a Tourist in Your Own City – Our Guide to Perth Attractions - May 20, 2021
- Whistlepipe Gully Walk Trail, Perth Hills - May 19, 2021
- Places to Stop on the Way to South West WA - May 15, 2021
- Toastface Grillah, Perth City - May 7, 2021
- Ocean and Paddock, Albany - May 3, 2021
- Family Friendly Wineries in the Swan Valley and Perth Hills - April 30, 2021