Taphouse, located at Mulberry Estate, is found right on the banks of the Swan River. It’s a cool and casual spot for some family food and fun under the shady gum trees.
While the venue has been operating for a few years as a great spot to chill out, relax in the beer garden and let the kids play garden games – it’s now had an exciting addition – a mini golf course!
The beer garden is shaded by beautiful big beautiful trees. Grab a table or throw down a picnic blanket, let little ones explore the small playground, sandpit and giant garden games.
Being under the airport’s flight path, means that there is lots of plane spotting to be had too!
The Mini Golf
A mini golf course has opened at Taphouse. It costs $39 for a family of four to play. We grabbed our putters, balls and pencil (it’s a MYO scoresheet here), and started the 18 hole Australian-themed course.
There’s a few (fake) roos, and kookaburras in the trees to spot.
It’s a fairly simple course, with a few obstacles like uneven ground, thrown in at each hole.
The holes can be quite challenging, but Little Chef did manage to get a hole in one! The course is mainly shaded by trees, and there is a shady structure with seating, but it’s worth covering up with some sunscreen too in summer.
The Food (reviewed 2018)
There’s a selection of pub-style food on the menu. If you’re into craft beer, there is a full range of Gage Road Brewing Co beers on tap. So why not start with a tasting paddle and see what takes your fancy. On the menu are small dishes, a share platters and pizzas, perfect for family grazing. Or if you’re after a more traditional pub lunch there’s a steak sandwich, burgers and salads too.
They’ve got the standard kids meals on the menu – nuggets and chips, as well as pizza.
Taphouse is a good spot to spend a couple of hours with your family in the Swan Valley. It’s open 11am to 4pm on Fridays, and 11am till 6pm on Saturdays and Sundays, be sure to check their Facebook page for up to date details.
Find Taphouse at Mulberry on Swan, 34 Hamersley Road, Caversham.
- 7 Sins, Roleystone - March 3, 2021
- Eneabba Playground - February 28, 2021
- The Taphouse at Mulberry Estate Swan Valley - February 10, 2021
- Sandalford, Caversham - January 30, 2021
- Family Friendly Breweries in Perth and the Swan Valley - January 20, 2021
- Family Friendly Breweries in Margaret River and South West WA - January 20, 2021
- Roho Bure, Leederville - January 19, 2021
- The Alkaline Café, Albany - January 19, 2021
- Laika Coffee, Lathlain - January 14, 2021
- Top Things to Do and Eat at Elizabeth Quay - January 10, 2021