The Bootleg Brewery is set in a lovely location, surrounded by trees and fields, with a large lake in the grounds. It is about 20/25 minutes from Yallingup/Dunsborough and about half an hour from Margaret River. The Brewery also sometimes has live bands and there is a gig guide on their website.
There is a decent playground and a large grassed area for kiddies to run around in. There are some outdoor tables close to the playground so you can keep an eye on the kiddies as they play. There is a large covered alfresco area near the bar if you don’t want to be out in the open.
The playground has shade sails and is over sand so you can bring sand toys along if you want to. They sometimes have other outdoor games such as throwing bean bags into a hole, boule, etc. I think they also have a dart board for adults.
The only real downside is that for those with small children or toddlers, there is a large lake which is not currently fenced. It is a bit of a way off from the playground and eating area but you would have to watch the little ones.
The up to date menu is on the brewery website, including children’s options. There is a limited wine list for those who are not keen on beer. We really liked out food. On this occasion my husband ordered the duck, I ordered pasta with prawns and my mother ordered a salad with apple and walnuts. Most main meals vary from about $20-30 and they have daily specials too.
The children’s meals are all $12 and they can choose from fish and chips, spaghetti, chicken fillets or a cheese burger. Our children had the fish and chips which were a decent size. They also ordered a baby cino.
We really like Bootleg Brewery and will continue to visit on our trips down south.
- Cullen Winery, Margaret River - February 18, 2018
- Brewhouse Margaret River - March 30, 2016
- Bold Park Aquatic Centre, City Beach - December 2, 2015
- The Margaret River Chocolate Factory & Cafe, Margaret River - April 28, 2015
- Margaret River Farmers’ Market, Margaret River - April 8, 2015
- Bootleg Brewery, Margaret River Region - April 3, 2015
- Cowaramup Brewing Company, Margaret River Region - April 3, 2015
- Colonial Brewery, Margaret River - April 1, 2015
- Geordie’s Cafe and Art Gallery Rottnest - February 10, 2015
- Longreach Bay, Rottnest Island - February 5, 2015