The Swan Valley’s family friendly offering has just got bigger! One of the area’s biggest wineries, Sandalford Estate, has recently enjoyed a revamp. It’s restaurant has been modernised and now feels more welcoming for families. Outside, kids will be delighted to find a brand new playground!
Little Chef and I popped along for lunch. If you’ve got a special occasion to celebrate, then the Sandalford restaurant is a great option to dine. The mod-Aus menu is matched by the elegant dining room.
On the menu there’s share plates, as well as mains and wood fired pizzas. Little ones are well catered for with a kids menu. There’s pizza, chicken breast, fish and chips – as well as an healthy GF grilled fish and salad option. Little Chef loved the mac and cheese, which he said was rich and creamy.
I shared burrata cheese and zucchini flower dishes with my parents. For main, I loved the chargrilled lamb rump, served with roasted eggplant, carrot, feta and a date relish (gf).
Little Chef explored the wine barrel themed playground. The playground is set a little way from the outside dining area of the restaurant. Near enough to keep an eye out, but not super close for younger children who would need closer supervision.
The sand-fall play area is dominated by a giant wine barrel, take a peek inside and the space provides a shady area for sand-play, as well as a ladder that leads to the upper platform.
Kids can zoom down the slide, pretend to be a fireman on the pole, or climb the wonky logs. The perimeter of the play area has on obstacle course with planks to balance on, as well as wine barrel stepping stones. Mature trees provide some shade, and the lawns are a lovely place to throw down a rug.
After a play, we headed back indoors. A kid’s dessert (ice cream sundae) is available, but I shared mine with the adventurous Little Chef. We fought over the scrumptious raspberry and passionfruit meringue, with mango foam, passionfruit, plum and dehydrated berries (gf).
All in all, we very much enjoyed revisiting this Swan Valley favourite. Now with a family friendly twist, the restaurant is a great place to visit when celebrating with kids, or just if you’re feeling like something a little bit fancy!
Find Sandalford Estate at 3210 West Swan Road, Caversham.
- Where to Buy Kids Bikes in Perth - November 25, 2021
- Understory Art and Nature Trail, Northcliffe - November 23, 2021
- Best Outdoor Cinema Perth – including roof top cinema and drive in cinema - November 22, 2021
- Top Season Passes for Family Attractions in Perth - November 15, 2021
- Swan Settlers Markets, Herne Hill - November 15, 2021
- How to Make Teacher’s Gift Giving as Easy as 1-2-3 - November 10, 2021
- Archie Brothers Cirque Electriq, Karrinyup - November 9, 2021
- Christmas Meal Kit & Wine Boxes in Perth - October 28, 2021
- Power Up Electricity Museum Manjimup - October 22, 2021
- FATS, Bridgetown - October 20, 2021