Revolutions Transport Museum at Whiteman Park is an engaging exhibition that showcases the transport options that have been used across Western Australia over the many years. Kids of all ages will love exploring the museum – especially ones that have an obsession with wheels and tracks!
The Museum is located next to Car Park 1 at Whiteman Park. It is open daily from 10am to 4pm and closed on Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Entry is by donation. During the school holidays they run transport themed free activities and competitions.
Starting with the early settlers the museum explores the use of horses and camels as a method of transport. There are several models on display and the kids can get hands on ringing the different horse bells.
As transport methods become a little bit more sophisticated, the exhibition moves on to trams and trains. There are a couple of carriages on display which you can climb inside and explore.
Next up are motorised vehicles – trucks, buses and cars.
Miss 4 loved pretending to drive the old bus and the 1950’s car complete with working radio was a big hit with everybody!
There is a small play area set up for the younger children with …. you’ve guessed it – cars and trucks to play with!
Revolutions Transport Museum will probably keep you entertained for about an hour. The ability to get hands on with a lot of the transport options on display is great fun for the kids.
Find out more by visiting www.whitemanpark.com.au/attraction/transport-heritage/revolutions-museum/
- Zero Latency, Perth - January 14, 2021
- What to do on a Day Trip to Rottnest with Kids - January 6, 2021
- Lontara Rottnest - December 9, 2020
- SeaLink Rottnest - December 9, 2020
- Burns Beach Twilight Markets - December 2, 2020
- DoubleTree by Hilton Perth Waterfront - November 28, 2020
- WA Museum Boola Bardip, Perth - November 23, 2020
- Santa Perth – list of the best places to get Santa Pictures Perth - November 11, 2020
- The Life Boat, Mindarie Marina - November 9, 2020
- Best Non-Chocolate Advent Calendars for Kids - November 4, 2020