The King Road Brewing Co is an incredibly popular spot to spend a lazy afternoon in Perth’s southern suburbs. And when I say popular I’m not exaggerating! It’s not uncommon for the gates to be closed on weekends, due to the venue reaching capacity. It’s particularly popular with young families, with a huge playground, shaded sandpit, kids menu, bouncy castle and more.
The rustic, country vibe works well in this rural area of Perth. It’s pretty much in the middle of nowhere – in between Rockingham and Byford.
While there is seating inside the bar, at King Road Brewing Co the thing to do is sit under a shady umbrella, on a picnic table in the vast, grassy beer garden.
The bar has their own beers on tap, as well as other local beers and ciders on offer. A casual menu has favourites like parmys, steak, Caesar salad, as well as woodfired gourmet pizzas. The meat lovers pizza ($25), got the thumbs up from Chef. The crisp base topped with chicken, chorizo and bacon hit the spot.
I was very pleased with my choice – a pomegranate, roast pumpkin and feta salad. Chicken or salmon can be added to this for an extra $6, but I felt like something light.
The kids menu is small, though there’s items to suit most tastes like fish and chips, a cheese burger and a kids grazing plate with ham, fruit and cheese. Little chef chose the chicken nuggets and chips, which was a decent serve for a 9 year old.
All kids meals are all served with a fruit box drink and an icy pole for $12 and picked up from their food truck in the beer garden.
The huge play area features something for kids of all ages. For tiny tots there’s a large shaded sand pit, filled with toys to move the sand.
Big kids will love the fort, with logs, nets and boulders to climb to the top, then a slide to get back down.
There’s also a brilliant Land Rover, tractor and a speedboat for some imaginative paly fun!
As well as traditional metal framed play equipment.
And a few swings.
There’s also a bouncy castle.
Keep your eyes peeled on the King Road Brewing Co’s social media for kid’s events. The day we were there they also played host to some Transformers!
The bustling spot can be a bit hectic, but I’d say it’s a good place to enjoy some pub grub and a few drinkies, while the kids roam and explore. And stay tuned for a new covered seating and bar area opening soon!
King Road Brewing Co is found at 796 King Road, Oldbury, Perth.
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- Family Friendly Perth Restaurants & Cafes Offering Take Away - March 25, 2020
- 20 Indoor Activities for Parents - March 21, 2020
- 40 Fun Indoor Activities for Kids at Home - March 15, 2020
- Kingsway Markets, Madeley - March 11, 2020
- Playgrounds with Sporting Facilities in Perth - March 4, 2020
- Family Friendly Breweries in Perth and the Swan Valley - March 4, 2020
- The Ultimate Kid-Friendly Guide to Hillarys Boat Harbour - March 3, 2020
- Stadium Café, Lathlain - February 29, 2020