The Holiday Inn Perth City Centre has to be one of the best city hotels for a family staycation in Perth.
The hotel is slap bang in the heart of the CBD, opposite the Central Park building on Hay Street, close to the pedestrian shopping malls, cafes and attractions. And the best bit?
Kids 12 and under stay and eat there for FREE! And with their revamped Very Important Kids program, you can also access savings of up to $200 across eight attractions in the city.
As part of the VIK program, children aged 12 and under can access exclusive savings at the following Perth attractions by presenting their VIK wristband, which they are given on check-in.
- The Nostalgia Box – 15% off admission for both adults and children
- Two Feet & A Heartbeat – Discounted price of $10 for a child’s fare on select tours
- SeaLink (Rottnest Island) – 15% off adult ferry fare, plus 1x free child’s fare with every adult
- Perth Explorer – Children ride free with every paying adult on the hop-on, hop-off tour of Perth
- Scitech – 10% off general public ticket price
- Escape This – Up to $10 off per player across all Adventure rooms (minimum player numbers and age restrictions apply)
- Perth Mint – Free entry for one child between the ages of 4-15 when accompanied by a paying adult
- Ivy & Jack – Up to four kids (aged 12 and under) eat free with a paying adult
My daughter, her friend and myself were excited about our girls’ staycation at the Holiday Inn Perth.
Check in at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre is from 3 pm. We pulled our car up in the driveway at the side of the hotel, which is really convenient if you want to take advantage of their valet parking. If you don’t wish to do valet parking, His Majesty’s Theatre car park is a short walk across the road and offers reasonable rates, particularly if you are staying over the weekend.
We entered the lobby and were very promptly checked in by the welcoming ladies at the front desk. Particular attention was paid to the girls, who were given an activity pack and the all-important wristband for the VIK program.
We grabbed our overnight bags and electronic key and excitedly headed to our room on the eighth floor. We were staying in a Family Room for the night. The Family Room features a massive king-sized bed in the main area, which faces a large 48” flat-screen TV, perfect for lying in bed and watching a movie!
There’s an adjoining separate bedroom with a further two single beds and a 32” flat-screen TV. The room is relatively sound proof which meant I could only faintly hear the screams of excitement coming from the adjoining room into the late hours of the evening!
The beds are very comfy and come with a choice of firm or soft pillows.
The bathroom has a walk-in shower, toilet and sink. If you have forgotten any of your toiletries, such as a toothbrush or cotton pads, a quick call to reception will have them delivered to you.
The rooms feature individually controlled air conditioning in each room and have tea and coffee-making facilities which include a pod coffee machine. The mini bar fridge is empty and can be filled upon request, which is always handy when staying anywhere with kids as it stops the pester power!
As well as the Family Rooms, Holiday Inn Perth City Centre also offer a Twin Room for families that like to share the same room. These are also well-sized rooms that have two double-sized beds and are a good option if the popular Family Rooms are fully booked.
These bathrooms are slightly bigger and offer a bath, along with a separate shower, which may suit families with younger children.
Ivy & Jack is the in-house restaurant. It’s a large and modern space, with lots of tables, including large tables for groups and some cosy booths too.
Four kids aged 12 and under can eat free with every adult dining. This includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. This is a fantastic saving if you are a single parent staying with your children. (You must be staying at the hotel to receive the discount).
The kids menu is limited but includes favourites such as Chicken nuggets and chips, mini hot dogs and chips and a veggie Lasagna. The food came out quickly, and it was enjoyed by all of us.
We even got into the spirit of a girls’ night away with a cocktail for me and mocktails for the girls.
In the morning, Ivy & Jack is open for a la carte or full buffet breakfast.
All the usual breakfast options are available. There’s a large choice of hot and cold dishes, including eggs, baked beans, pastries, muesli, cereal, fresh fruit, yoghurt and much more. There’s even a stir fry and fried rice option, which many of their International guests enjoy.
For little ones, they have high chairs and plastic cutlery and cups available. Along with the buffet, the girls tucked into a special serving of very yummy-looking pancakes.
Holiday Inn Perth City Centre is perfectly positioned to enjoy all the attractions of Perth city. On its doorstep is Wolf Lane, which is well known for being one of the best places to spot some vibrant street art in the city, as well as being home to a good café or two.
It’s also a short walk to Perth Arena, so an excellent spot if you’re going to an event in the city too. A free CAT bus stop is opposite the hotel, next to the leafy Central Park. The Holiday Inn is also within easy walking distance to all the attractions of family-friendly Elizabeth Quay.
We really enjoyed our short stay at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre and would absolutely recommend it as a brilliant place for a city stay-cation. Sometimes all you need is 24 hours away to spend some quality time with your family and have fun being a tourist in your own city.
For more details about the family staycation package visit perth.holidayinn.com
Find more things to do in Perth City
- Monet in Paris at Crown Perth - November 15, 2023
- Best Teacher Gifts - November 15, 2023
- How to Help an Ageing Loved One Find the Perfect Living Accommodation - November 14, 2023
- Best Non-Chocolate Advent Calendars for Kids 2023 - November 12, 2023
- Santa Perth – List of the Best Places to get Santa Pictures Perth - November 8, 2023
- Burns Beach Twilight Markets - November 3, 2023
- The Canning Show - November 2, 2023
- Tokyo Treat Subscription Box Review - October 11, 2023
- The Life Boat, Mindarie Marina - September 29, 2023
- Kien Strawberry Farm - September 21, 2023