We recently discovered that Melville LeisureFit has a Gymbakids indoor playground so went along to check it out.
The playground is gated and located just inside the main entrance to the LeisureFit centre. We went to the main reception to pay and the kids got a wrist band.
When we first went into the playground I thought that we wouldn’t be there too long as it looked small and there weren’t any other kids there. Chasing my girls around, I soon realised that there was a lot packed into the area and lots of ability testing obstacles. It also didn’t take long for a good number of kids to arrive and they were all soon making up games and exploring every inch of the playground
I loved that it was completely safe, meaning I could have a chat with the other mums, or check my email quickly, without a worry.
There are toilets, including a change table, inside the fenced area which makes the logistics of taking one child to the bathroom, when the other doesn’t want to stop playing, so much easier.
There are vending machines around but I couldn’t find a cafe for my coffee hit which was a bit disappointing. I believe there is a coffee van in the car park on occasions but it wasn’t when we were there.
If you pack your own snacks though there is a nice area outside to sit, with plenty of tables and lots of natural afternoon shade.
Gymbakids also offer a learning through play 10 week program, each school term, for children aged 3 months to 5 years. Contact Melville Lesuirefit for more information.
We attended an unstructured play session. Unstructured play session times are:
* Monday: Thursday: 1pm to 7pm
* Friday: 1pm to 4pm and 6pm to 7pm
* Saturday: 7am to 1pm and 3pm to 4.30pm
* Sunday: 9am to 10am and 12pm to 2.30pm.
The unstructured play session costs $8 per child. We were there for 2 hours and the kids did not want to leave!
The playground is located inside LeisureFit Melville at 431 Canning Hwy, Melville
- Big4 Emu Beach Holiday Park, Albany - October 7, 2021
- Bop Till You Drop Disco Party - September 2, 2021
- Winter Village Perth - June 15, 2021
- Lancelin Holiday Park - June 3, 2021
- Two Birds Fromagerie, Swan Valley - December 16, 2020
- Perth Mess Hall, Perth - November 26, 2020
- Ruth Faulkner Library @ Belmont Hub - October 21, 2020
- Giraffe Close Encounters at Perth Zoo - September 1, 2020
- Pasta in the Valley, Swan Valley - August 10, 2020
- Kingsley Tavern - July 25, 2020