Zippy’s Kings Park Adventures is Kings Park’s first early learning program for 3 – 5 year olds and encourages fun, nature play and imaginative learning in the beautiful surrounds of Rio Tinto Naturescape.
Each week, a new story will be told, using puppets, drama, craft, music and dance to bring the story alive, with gentle messages about our environment and conservation.
My son and I went along to the launch and had a fantastic time, he loved meeting Zippy the Dragonfly and Harley the Motorbike Frog. After the story, we discovered what natural objects float and which ones sink, we then created boats using bark, sticks and leaves to float down the creek.
The Kings Park educators that run the session were amazing, they kept the kids encouraged by using lots of tones and gestures while storytelling and ensured all the children were having fun while participating in the activities.
Zippy’s Kings Park Adventures is a fantastic program for little nature lovers!!!
Zippy’s Kings Park Adventures
The program is $96 for eight weeks, each session runs for 45 minutes.
2022 Program Dates
Term 1: I am an Explorer of the World: In term one, children are provided with experiences which invite them to develop the skills that will support them to intentionally investigate in a bushland environment.
- Tuesdays, 15 February to 5 April – 9:30 am
- Wednesdays, 16 February to 6 April – 9.30 am or 10.30 am
- Fridays, 18 February to 8 April – 9.30 am or 10.30 am
Term 2: Animals, Plants and Me: This term we begin to further explore the bushland around us, considering seasonal changes and the needs of other livings things to expand children’s knowledge and understanding of local animals and plants as well as their Noongar names.
- Tuesdays, 3 May to 21 June – 9:30 am
- Wednesdays, 4 May to 22 June – 9.30 am or 10.30 am
- Fridays, 6 May to 24 June – 9.30 am or 10.30 am
Term 3: Caring for the Land I Play On: In Term 3 we will provide experiences for children to gain an authentic understanding of First Nations People’s culture, connection to country, and their invaluable knowledge of the bushland.
- Tuesdays, 26 July to 13 September – 9:30 am
- Wednesdays, 27 July to 14 September – 9.30 am or 10.30 am
- Fridays, 29 July 16 September – 9.30 am or 10.30 am
Term 4: I am a Citizen of the Bush: In Term 4 we will build bush skills to enable children to become mindful citizens within a bushland environment. This will consist of engaging in experiences which promote autonomy, resilience, and problem-solving; tree climbing, safely walking along trails, navigating different elements and surfaces.
More information on each term can be found here www.eventbrite.com.au
- Your Fun Shack, Alkimos - May 18, 2022
- Apple Picking Tour at Core Cider House - May 12, 2022
- Lord Forrest Hotel, Bunbury - May 11, 2022
- Elizabeth Quay Fun Fair, 9 – 25 April - April 10, 2022
- Matagarup Zip+Climb - March 10, 2022
- Zippy’s Kings Park Adventures - February 2, 2022
- Kwillena Gabi Pool, Mandurah - January 13, 2022
- Mandurah Cruises – Kids Cruise FREE - January 5, 2022
- Sunset Coast Explorer - December 22, 2021
- Coolzy Personal Air Conditioner - December 16, 2021