There is nothing better than hitting the coast early on a summer’s morning with coffee in hand and enjoying our amazing coastline, and it doesn’t get more beachfront than Hole In The Van café in Lancelin. The café is made from a converted caravan with raised decking around it giving it a perfect vantage point to see the sea, after all, that’s how it got its name, it looks out over the Hole In The Wall surf break!
This little gem is tucked away from the street and sits right on the beach making it very kid-friendly with no traffic to worry about. The ocean is a safe distance away but close enough to enjoy the view. The huge lawn is great for playing and has lots of bean bags to relax in. There is a huge tub of sidewalk chalk to entertain the kids too. Our windmeter was reading in excess of 20kn on the beach when we visited but the café was tucked away from most of it so all we felt was a lovely breeze.
The cafe serves up your usual coffee hits as well as freshly made smoothies and milkshakes (the mango smoothie was amazing). They also have a selection of muffins, brownies and raw treats on offer to go with your coffee, or frozen fruit pops if you’re after something colder after hitting the beach! Fur babies are looked after too with fresh water and doggie treats available.
Hole In the Van Café is located in Lancelin. Access is by foot (or bike, or scooter!) via the footpath leading north from Cunliffe Street along the coast. The closest car park is the jetty car park on Miragliotta Street with an easy 200m walk south to the café. Look out for the flags if you’re coming via the beach. The café sits behind the white beach pavilion.
- Pick Your Own Blueberries at GreenAcres Blueberry Farm - October 23, 2023
- Grand Mirage Resort Bali - June 10, 2023
- Giant Human Claw Machine at Lippo Mall Bali - February 9, 2023
- Grapes On Swan - January 17, 2023
- Kalbarri Skywalk – Everything you need to know - November 21, 2022
- Lobster Shack Cervantes - October 12, 2022
- Dinosaurs of Patagonia, WA Museum Boola Bardip - July 2, 2022
- Van Gogh Alive, Perth - June 18, 2022
- Lawn Bowls for Kids - June 18, 2022
- Gnomesville, Wellington Mill - May 5, 2022