Say hello to my new favourite Margaret River hangout! Meelup Farmhouse is the sister restaurant to the very popular Little h and The Little bay. Located near Eagle Bay and just minutes from the stunning Meelup Beach, is a charming family-friendly restaurant with a relaxed vibe set within a hobby farm. What more could you want!
Most of the dining area is in an alfresco setting, the majority of which is undercover. There is a spacious outdoor deck which can accommodate large groups comfortably.
Or if you wish to be more casual you can relax on the expansive lawn on a picnic rug or one of the loungers.
A big draw for kids is the resident farm animals. Chickens roam free around the entrance of the restaurant and you are invited to visit the very chic chicken coop where you can see the chicken roosting, although be sure not to disturb them.
The star attraction is Lizzie the Highland Cow who even has her own Instagram page.
You’ll also find a group of Llama’s located next to the parking area.
There are also a couple of hammock swings that the kids found to be great fun.
Meelup Farmhouse offers a brunch and lunch menu featuring a small kids menu.
As we’d eaten a large breakfast at the nearby Pullman Bunker Bay Resort that morning we opted to share a few of the grazing options between us. We had a hard time deciding as the menu is so tempting but we eventually settled on the Pork and Pistachio Terrine ($18), Grilled Margaret River Venison Chorizo ($12), Chicken Liver Pate with Cherries ($16) and a side of hand-cut chips ($12). We were so impressed with the quality of the food and will definitely be returning next time we are in Margaret River with a larger appetite to try their more substantial offerings.
We loved Meelup Farmhouse and will be making it one of our ‘must visit’ spots when visiting the Margaret River Region. The kid loved it just as much as us adults did! The service was very attentive and the food came out quickly even though they were really busy. We definitely recommend booking in advance as the restaurant is very popular. Bookings can be made online.
54 Sheens Rd, Naturaliste WA 6281
Thursday – Monday • 9am – 5pm
Tuesday + Wednesday • Closed
- Monet in Paris at Crown Perth - November 15, 2023
- Best Teacher Gifts - November 15, 2023
- How to Help an Ageing Loved One Find the Perfect Living Accommodation - November 14, 2023
- Best Non-Chocolate Advent Calendars for Kids 2023 - November 12, 2023
- Santa Perth – List of the Best Places to get Santa Pictures Perth - November 8, 2023
- Burns Beach Twilight Markets - November 3, 2023
- The Canning Show - November 2, 2023
- Tokyo Treat Subscription Box Review - October 11, 2023
- The Life Boat, Mindarie Marina - September 29, 2023
- Kien Strawberry Farm - September 21, 2023