After some bike riding at Shepherds Bush park, we were hungry so headed to the closest place we could think of – the Kingsley Tavern. On arrival it was obvious there had recently been a refurbishment as everything looked very new.
As we hadn’t pre-planned our visit, we were pleasantly surprised to find a kids play area! The play area is a fenced-in space outside in the beer garden. The play area is reasonably sized with a climbing structure set on artificial lawn. The play equipment has a slide, mini rock climbing wall, tunnel to crawl through, and cubby under the platform.
In the play area there are also a couple of baskets with small size toys such as dinosaurs and trucks.
There’s a couple of tables and bench seats within the play area but there are plenty of tables in the beer garden right next to the play area so it’s easy to keep an eye on the kids. The beer garden, including the play area, is well shaded so it’ll be useable even on a very warm day.
The new menu at Kingsley Tavern looks amazing with so many great sounding dishes. We couldn’t decide so opted for a tasting board and we were not disappointed! The board was huge, easily fed 2 adults and 2 kids for lunch, and was delicious!
Inside the tavern is spacious and fresh looking. There’s plenty of room for big group get-togethers but if you’re dining with children I’d recommend sitting outside if possible and making use of the play area.
Kingsley Tavern is located at 90 Kingsley Drive, Kingsley.
- Victoria Park Hotel, Vic Park - June 18, 2022
- Gymbakids, LeisureFit Melville - April 17, 2022
- Lark Scarborough - March 10, 2022
- Big4 Emu Beach Holiday Park, Albany - October 7, 2021
- Bop Till You Drop Disco Party - September 2, 2021
- Lancelin Holiday Park - June 3, 2021
- Perth Mess Hall, Perth - November 26, 2020
- Ruth Faulkner Library @ Belmont Hub - October 21, 2020
- Giraffe Close Encounters at Perth Zoo - September 1, 2020
- Pasta in the Valley, Swan Valley - August 10, 2020