Albany isn’t short of quality family friendly places to dine. One such spot is Due South, which is found right on the water, by the Albany Entertainment Centre. The huge dining room has casual Little Creatures beer hall vibes with views overlooking the Harbour.
We stopped by on a busy Saturday night. It was full, but we only had to wait a few minutes for a table to come free. Best of all, it was right by the window! What a spectacular sunset, best enjoyed with a local beverage, like this Wignalls chardy.
It’s mainly self-service at Due South, where you can order at the bar. Kids are well catered for with a few choices on the children’s menu, which doubles as a colouring/activity sheet. Little footy fans will also be happy to spot sport on the big screens. There are plenty of highchairs available too.
Little Chef picked a burger ($10), served with chips and a good sized salad. The decent sized serve was enough to tame this pre-teen’s growing appetite.
The pub-style menu choices are . I devoured pork scratchings, which could be mistaken for pigtails. The crispy crackle is a perfect appetizer or snack to share, being salty and more-ish.
Despite the venue being at capacity, and being warned of a wait, our mains soon appeared. Super fresh squid is tender and coated in a crisp GF batter. It’s served with a well dressed salad, which is fresh, flavoursome and plentiful.
Feeling like something sweet? The chiller cabinet is home to some pretty epic looking desserts.
The immense Due South venue has casual, friendly feels and good pub-style food. The views of the Princess Royal Harbour are amazing.
Find Due South at 6 Toll Place, Albany
- Top 14 Things to do in Kalgoorlie & The Goldfields with Kids - April 19, 2021
- Albany Indoor Adventures - April 2, 2021
- Due South, Albany - April 1, 2021
- Zip Line Courses in Perth and WA - April 1, 2021
- 24 Exciting Ideas for Family Fun in Perth City - March 30, 2021
- Albany Wind Farm - March 30, 2021
- Containers for Change - March 25, 2021
- Hi Voltage, Belmont - March 23, 2021
- Amaze Miniature Park, Mandurah - March 18, 2021
- Animal Farms in Perth - March 4, 2021