Stringybark Winery located in the picturesque Chittering Valley, 50 minutes from Perth, is a firm favourite of mine for a good old Sunday lunch. The winery is open Wednesday through to Sunday from 11.30am onwards. They also open from 9am on Sunday mornings for a full English breakfast.
Everything about Stringybark Winery is very rustic, from the winding unsealed driveway through the vineyard, to the quaint building that looks as though it belongs in a German forest. I love visiting during the winter months as you are welcomed by a roaring log fire!
In the warmer months, you can dine alfresco in the undercover outdoor seating area.
The indoor dining room has several large tables so it can accommodate large groups with ease. Perfect for family celebrations!
Every time I visit I have to order the Roast Dinner which on our last visit the roast of the day was Pork served with Apple Sauce and Cracking and an array of vegetables. It was incredibly tasty!
Another menu item of note is the “Mahogany Creek” Roast half duck and when they say half duck they mean half a huge duck! So if you choose to order that item make sure you bring a very large appetite! In fact, most of the portions are generous so if you are going for lunch make sure you don’t have a big breakfast!
The soups are always very good and come served with a doorstep sized piece of bread.
The restaurant offers an extensive children’s menu that contains Chicken Parmigiana, Fish bites, Chicken nuggets, Small Fish of the Day, Small Roast of the Day, Baby Steak and Pasta Bolognaise.
Make sure you leave some room for dessert!
If you are dining with a baby/toddler you will have to bring along your own booster seat as the restaurant does not have any high chairs.
If you are not the designated driver do make sure you try some of their wine. The Stringybark vineyard is one of the oldest in the Chittering Valley and produces some award-winning wines. You can try them for yourself with a free tasting.
The drive through the Chittering Valley is delightful and makes for a pleasant Sunday drive. Stringybark Winery is located just down the road from the Golden Grove Orchard so it makes for a great spot for lunch after taking part in one of their Tractor Ride and Fruit Picking Tours
Stringybark Winery is located at 2060 Chittery Road Chittering.
- Infant Nutrition 101: 9 Foods Infants Can And Can’t Eat - June 22, 2021
- How To Host A Flower-Themed Summer Backyard Party For Kids - June 8, 2021
- 5 Tips To Help Kids Adjust After A Divorce - May 27, 2021
- 7 Things to Keep Your Kids Entertained on a Family Road Trip - May 27, 2021
- The FluBub Study – Protecting Young Babies from Influenza - May 24, 2021
- Children’s Fever 101: When To Worry And When To Relax - May 14, 2021
- 6 Tips To Keep Your Children Healthy During The Pandemic - May 7, 2021
- Rockface Indoor Rock Climbing Balcatta - May 5, 2021
- Chicken and Beer Festival - May 3, 2021
- 6 Tips For Creating A Kid-Friendly Website - May 1, 2021