Kien Strawberry Farm is open for Pick Your Own Strawberries from Sunday 24th September 2023. Visit the Facebook page for up to date information.
Halfway up Badgerup Road near the lake, you’ll find Kien Strawberry Farm, where a sign outside invites you to pick your own strawberries.
There is roadside parking available outside of Kien Strawberry Farm.
To begin picking strawberries at Kien Strawberry Farm, simply purchase a box for $15 from the stall located outside of the shed. Once you have a box, you are free to pick as many strawberries as you like! The farm also offers a variety of soft drinks to keep you hydrated while you pick. If you prefer not to pick your own strawberries, you can purchase a tray of them instead.
For only $15, the box provided by Kien Strawberry Farm can hold over 3kg of strawberries – a fantastic deal! As you pick, you are welcome to eat the strawberries right then and there.
The owners at Kien Strawberry Farm are super friendly and took the time to show us how to correctly pick the strawberries.
When we visited, the best strawberries were located at the rear of the field. Certain field areas are closed to the public as they are still picking commercially at the farm.
After selecting our row, we made our way along, carefully choosing the reddest and juiciest strawberries. They did not disappoint, and in fact, they were some of the best strawberries I have ever tasted! My seven-year-old companion couldn’t stop eating them.
Strawberry picking was such fun and we came away with a satisfying haul. It’s a cheap, fun, and healthy activity that’s perfect for the school holidays. The only challenge now is figuring out how to use up 3kg of strawberries!
It’s important to note that the soil in the strawberry field is very dark and sandy, so it’s best to wear closed shoes. Additionally, there is no shade, so don’t forget to apply sunscreen before heading out. The surface of the field is not suitable for prams, so if you are bringing a baby, be sure to bring a baby carrier instead.
Please see their Facebook page for up to date information www.facebook.com/kienstrawberryfarm
Kien Strawberry Farm is located at Lot 11, 360 Badgerup Road in Gnangara
- Monet in Paris at Crown Perth - November 15, 2023
- Best Teacher Gifts - November 15, 2023
- How to Help an Ageing Loved One Find the Perfect Living Accommodation - November 14, 2023
- Best Non-Chocolate Advent Calendars for Kids 2023 - November 12, 2023
- Santa Perth – List of the Best Places to get Santa Pictures Perth - November 8, 2023
- Burns Beach Twilight Markets - November 3, 2023
- The Canning Show - November 2, 2023
- Tokyo Treat Subscription Box Review - October 11, 2023
- The Life Boat, Mindarie Marina - September 29, 2023
- Kien Strawberry Farm - September 21, 2023