Kien Strawberry Farm is open Sunday 8th August until 12pm for Pick Your Own.
Kien Strawberry Farm is located at Lot 11, 360 Badgerup Road in Gnangara. If you are approaching from the freeway, you exit at Ocean Reef Road and head east. Please take note of the picture below with the blue arrow marking the farm. When I have put the address in google maps it takes me to a location south of Ocean Reef Road which is incorrect.
Kien Strawberry Farm is situated halfway up Badgerup Road near the lake. There is a sign outside advertising that you can pick your strawberries.
Kien Strawberry Farm Parking is available on the roadside outside of the farm.
To start picking you just need to buy a box which will set you back $10 from the stall located outside of the shed, and then you are free to pick as many strawberries as you like! The farm is also selling a range of soft drinks so you can stay hydrated while you pick. You can also buy a tray of strawberries if you didn’t fancy picking your own.
The box can hold over 3kg of strawberries for $10 – an absolute bargain! You can even eat strawberries as you pick.
The owners at Kien Strawberry Farm are super friendly and took the time to show us how to correctly pick the strawberries.
When we visited the best strawberries were located at the rear of the field. Certain areas of the field are closed to the public as they are still picking commercially at the farm.
We selected our row and made our way along selecting the strawberries that looked the reddest and juiciest. They definitely didn’t disappoint and were some of the best strawberries I’ve ever tasted! Miss 7 couldn’t stop eating them!
Strawberry picking was such fun and we came away with a satisfying haul. It’s a great cheap, fun, healthy activity – perfect for the school holidays. Now we just need to work out how to use up 3kg of strawberries!
Be warned that the strawberry field has very dark, sandy soil so it’s best to wear closed shoes. Don’t forget your sunscreen as there is no shade. The surface means it is not suitable for prams so if you have a baby with you don’t forget your baby carrier.
Please see their Facebook page for up to date information www.facebook.com/kienstrawberryfarm
- Ancient Greeks: Athletes, Warriors and Heroes Exhibition at WA Museum Boola Bardip - October 7, 2021
- Best Non-Chocolate Advent Calendars for Kids 2021 - October 5, 2021
- Aloft Perth Review - September 29, 2021
- 4 Ways To Treat Your Family After Winning Powerball - September 15, 2021
- 5 comfortable and stylish outfits to wear this winter - September 14, 2021
- The Parkerville Tavern - September 1, 2021
- Zone Bowling Birthday Party - August 31, 2021
- Five Reasons Why You Need to See West Australian Ballet’s Coppélia - August 25, 2021
- Bullsbrook Strawberry Farm, Strawberry Picking Perth - August 24, 2021
- Kien Strawberry Farm - August 7, 2021