If your little one loves dressing up as a fairy, they’ll be excited to hear that Kalamunda is also a fairy town! Keep your eyes peeled and you’ll spot the fairies decorated fairy doors throughout the Perth Hills town and in Stirk Park too.
To make the tiny doors to fairy land easier to find, download a map here. The Fairy Queen has left limited maps at Kalamunda Visitor Centre and The Clip Joint too, giving you the locations of the fairy doors. The ladies at the Clip Joint have created this wonderful trail for kiddies to enjoy! It’s a brilliant, free activity.
There are over twenty doors to find, with several located throughout Stirk Park too. Since fairies are so small, you’ll find all the doors at a low heigh – perfect you’re your own little people to spot.
Tick each pretty door off the map as you find it. The doors are all decorated differently reflecting the venues/businesses where you find them. For example, the fairy door at the dramatic society is a stage curtain, the door at the Kalamunda Hotel is made out of corks and bottle tops and the door at the library is made out of books. Little kids will love the detail of the doors.
Finish looking for the doors in Stirk Park. It’s worth noting that the old playground has being removed and works are now underway for an exciting new adventure playground!
You’ll have a fun morning wandering round Kalamunda, discovering many new shops along the way. The fun thing for adults about following the map is discovering laneways and shops you wouldn’t normally notice. You’ll soon find Kalamunda is packed with gift shops and cafes – perfect for grabbing a babycino and cake along the way! Herb Circle is a cure store, as well as a fairy door, there’s a sweet, decorated chair out the front. which I’m sure little fairy lovers would love to pose in!
And at the Clip Joint, there’s a cute mural which doubles as a “swing”.
Did you spy the hidden fairy village in their windows?
Come and see how magical Kalamunda can be! This is a fun and free way to spend a couple of hours with your little fairy fans.
Kalamunda Fairy Door Trail
- Kid-Friendly Paintball in Perth - February 28, 2024
- Kid Friendly Pizza Restaurants in Perth - February 28, 2024
- French Riviera, Ellenbrook - February 28, 2024
- Matagarup Mini Golf, Burswood - February 22, 2024
- Free Attraction Admissions For Kids in Perth - February 21, 2024
- Perth’s Best Beaches for Kids - February 15, 2024
- Pies & Ale, Forest Grove - January 31, 2024
- WEST Coffee Co, Margaret River - January 31, 2024
- Family Friendly Breweries in Margaret River and South West WA - January 31, 2024
- Cheeky Monkey Brewery, Margaret River - January 31, 2024