Cranked Coffee, is an inner city cafe, that’s stood the test of time. The bustling spot has been around for close to a decade, marked by memories of many a brunch. This cool hangout spot, is a melting pot of business peeps, hipsters, foodies and mums. I guess I ticked all those boxes, as I am a vinyl-collecting food-writer mum, who happened to be there catching up with two lovely clients of mine! Right next door is the Oxford Street Reserve. Cranked is very handy for a “play and coffee” date if you have little people in tow.
Got a stroller? No worries! At Cranked, there’s plenty of room for prams. Inside, you’ll find comfy bench seats, kids clothing, high chairs and even a small toy box.
For me, and many mums, coffee is very important! At Cranked it’s top notch.
The foodies amongst us are in for a treat. Cranked’s menu and cake cabinet are brimming with mouth-watering treats. They’ve got plenty of gluten-free options too. Oddly, I’d lost my appetite, so snacked on a raw ball. I can recommend the potato dish aka Huevos Rancheros, which is topped with avo and egg, and is a super generous portion.
A beaut winter warmer is the “Apple Crumble Oats”, served with oat milk, stewed apples, caramel sauce, plus a pistachio and almond crumble.
Once your belly is full, it’s playtime! Oxford Street Reserve is fenced and gated, perfect for those mini-Houdini’s. The play space holds a whole bunch of fun: slides, a fort, wobbly balance beams, climbing equipment, and interactive instruments.
A big bonus of the playground is that it is pram and wheelchair friendly. There are plenty of tables and benches scattered around, so you can chat and keep an eye on your little ones. Leederville is a haven of food options, why not grab a takeaway, sip your coffee, and soak up the vibes while the kids have fun?
Getting there couldn’t be easier – drive, hop on a train (it’s right next to Leederville Train Station), or catch a bus. Be sure to make Cranked Coffee and Oxford Street Reserve your next “coffee and play” date destination.
- S&R Orchard Christmas and Fruit Picking Festival, Walliston - December 1, 2023
- The Best Water Slides in Perth - November 22, 2023
- Masonmill Gardens, Carmel - November 22, 2023
- Perth’s Outback Splash, Bullsbrook - November 21, 2023
- The Maze at Perth’s Outback Splash - November 21, 2023
- Bilya Koort Boodja Cultural Centre, Northam - November 15, 2023
- The Kid-Friendly Guide to Scarborough - November 8, 2023
- Zoie Cafe, Scarborough - November 8, 2023
- Best Mini Golf Courses in Perth - November 8, 2023
- Mini Golf at Wanneroo Botanic Gardens - November 8, 2023