Found opposite the lovely Jackadder Lake, 3 Sheets on the Lake is a mighty popular spot. The Hillary’s favourite has branched and opened a second venue (soon to be a third with 3 Sheets on the Tracks opening at Butler soon). The spot lends very well to chilling on a sunny day with a glass of wine, with a large portion of the tables outside. Well behaved dogs are also welcome on the alfresco area.
There’s plenty of tables inside too.
In one corner there’s a kids play area, that’s best suited to younger children.
There’s a cubby house, with slide, and play kitchen, as well as toys and things to play house with.
Older kids (and adults) will love the retro arcade game, which is free to use. 10 year old Little Chef loved this and played donkey kong, frogger, pac man, pin ball and more.
The “Little Sheets” menu (that gave us a good laugh) has plenty to choose from. High chairs are available too.
Little Chef wolfed down the chicken nuggets and chips.
For the adults there’s a massive menu, with all the pub-style favourites – burgers, pasta, surf & turf, salads and more. I had the grilled barramundi ($34), with a creamy Paris mash, broccolini, pesto cream sauce, and kale crisps. The fish was delicious. I really enjoyed this dish. Another hit on our table was the bangers and mash ($26) with huge Irish pork sausage, Paris mash, onion gravy – all served in a giant Yorkshire pudding.
Be sure to book, it can be difficult to get a table at the busy spot on a weekend – particularly on Sundays, when there is the “Family Sunday Session” with kids entertainment.
After a big meal, be sure to across to the Jackadder Reserve, for a walk around the small lake that’s teeming with birdlife. The 1.4km circuit is fairly flat and perfect for a scooter or bike ride. A children’s playground is also found here.
3 Sheets on the Lake, Woodlands – The Details
Find 3 Sheets on the Lake at 88 Rosewood Avenue, Woodlands. (Not far from Innaloo Cinemas)
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- Family Friendly Perth Restaurants & Cafes Offering Take Away - March 25, 2020
- 20 Indoor Activities for Parents - March 21, 2020
- 40 Fun Indoor Activities for Kids at Home - March 15, 2020
- Kingsway Markets, Madeley - March 11, 2020
- Playgrounds with Sporting Facilities in Perth - March 4, 2020
- Family Friendly Breweries in Perth and the Swan Valley - March 4, 2020
- The Ultimate Kid-Friendly Guide to Hillarys Boat Harbour - March 3, 2020
- Stadium Café, Lathlain - February 29, 2020