If you love a coffee by a great playground or a family meal with a water view, the recently renovated Zephyr Café is worth a visit. The East Fremantle spot is found on the banks of the Swan River.
There are plenty of tables inside and out, all with lovely views over the river and neighbouring playgrounds at John Tonkin Reserve. You might even spot a pelican or two!
Breakfast, which is served until 11.30am and lunch both have a lot of choice on the menus. You order at the counter, which also makes split billing much easier. There’s also plenty of drinks to choose from. I enjoyed a pot of herbal tea while little chef was colouring.
Kids are well catered for with a kids menu, high chairs available, as well as colouring in.
There’s even a toy box full of buckets and spades to take down to the sandy beach opposite the cafe.
For lunch, Little Chef enjoyed a house made sausage roll, with a generous squeeze of sauce ($8). There are lots of breakfast and lunch options on the kid’s menu, as well as cakes, slices and other freshly made food in the display cabinet.
I enjoyed a freshly baked slice of banana bread (gluten free), which was served tasted with butter and honey on the side.
If you’re looking for something a little more casual, throw down a picnic rug on the banks of the river and grab some takeaways, while the kids splash about on the little beach. I also noticed they have conveniently made up kids picnic packs and frog in a ponds to take away to the park – what a great idea!
And afterwards, why not take the kids to the neighbouring playground at John Tonkin Reserve. The modern, shaded playground is brilliant and there’s also a smaller play area for toddlers too.
Zephyr Café at East Fremantle is a good spot for a casual bite to eat. Kids will love spotting the ferries, police vessels, boats and swans cruising along the clear blue water, as well as a play in the park.
Find Zephyr Cafe at 61 Riverside Rd, East Fremantle.
More info on their website http://www.zephyrcafe.com.au/
Find more places to dine in Perth with kids here.
- Cycling with Kids in Perth - May 29, 2020
- COVID-Safe Kids Birthday Parties in Perth - May 15, 2020
- National Parks and Regional Parks in Perth - April 30, 2020
- Mother’s Day Gift Ideas in Perth - April 24, 2020
- Best Book Shops for Kids in Perth - April 15, 2020
- Family Friendly Perth Restaurants & Cafes Offering Take Away - April 10, 2020
- Virtual Tours of Perth and WA Attractions - April 7, 2020
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Online Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- 20 Indoor Activities for Parents - March 21, 2020