We recently visited Peninsula Farm Cafe in Maylands, which is such a lovely spot of the world! Most people would remember this as the old Tranby Tea House located next to a heritage-listed farmhouse.
The cafe has only just opened but it was already very busy when we visited on a Friday. There was a bit of a wait for a table but we decided it was easier to set up a picnic blanket under one of the trees and order from the takeaway window. We preferred this so our kids could roam free!
The owners did a great job of the renovation by choosing decor that is beautiful and light, including ample indoor and outdoor seating overlooking the river.
The food menu is very well crafted and includes wholesome options as well as some tasty treats. There’s also a menu with little people in mind, which is always a bonus.
My little one enjoyed his banana milkshake which comes in a convenient kid’s size and the food we ordered was delicious!
The best part of the cafe for parents is the cute playground on site – it includes a mini cafe, balancing beams, and a well-stocked toy box. I can easily say that this playground has the best views of the river.
Parking can be an issue, so it’s best to arrive early or after peak lunchtime. Overall, Peninsula Farm Cafe is a great spot for a family day out and I highly recommend it!
Peninsula Farm Cafe
The cafe is open 8AM – 3PM Wednesday – Sunday, walk-ins only.
- Playdates Kids Cafe, Karrinyup - July 8, 2023
- WA Museum Boola Bardip – Pyramid Playtime: Under 5s - June 19, 2023
- Koorak Cafe, Kings Park - March 8, 2023
- Peninsula Farm Cafe, Maylands - February 20, 2023
- The Bassendean Hotel - November 2, 2022
- LEGO Store, Westfield Booragoon - September 23, 2022
- Kruzi Hybrid Stroller/Highchair Review - June 28, 2022
- Gage Roads, Fremantle - April 25, 2022
- Brixton Yard, Maylands - April 25, 2022