Whether you love lush indoor plants, growing your own veggies or easy to care for succulents, gardening is so on trend at the moment! Found in the Perth foothills, Dawson’s Garden World Forrestfield is a fantastic plant nursery that’s been around for over a century. Both big and little green thumbs are sure to find a plant to take home to their own garden when they visit. At the entrance, there’s a large selection of indoor plants, pots and giftware.
Outside, the nursery is set out in sections… ground covers, fruit trees, succulents, herbs and vegetable seedlings and more.
Dawson’s specialise in roses and there’s a huge selection. Dotted through the garden centre are mini display gardens which provide ideas on design and planting, as well as showcasing the many plants that are available to buy. There’s many different themes including formal, Japanese, and water gardens.
The Dawson family’s original 1930s home is now a lovely little café.
Here enjoy a cuppa and there is plenty of seating. There’s high chairs for little ones and a kids menu too.
Little Chef enjoyed a babycino.
And he shared a vanilla slice with his Nanna. A small menu of snacks, light lunches and sweet treats has something to suit mosts tastes. The café is open seven days a week, 10am to 3pm.
Outside there’s also a large covered dining area.
The kids will love the tractor, which they can sit on.
There’s an old-school merry go round, which goes quite fast, so keep an eye on little ones.
There’s even a maze, which Little Chef loved! It only suitable for children 10 and under or those who are very short!
Fur babies are welcome at Dawson’s, as long as they’re kept on a leash. If you need a little help, the friendly staff are very knowledgeable and happy to assist. I found it very difficult to leave without buying one of these super cute owls!
Do your garden a favour and visit Dawson’s Forrestfield today!
Find Dawson’s Garden World at 160 Hale Road, Forrestfield.
- Family Friendly Breweries in Perth and the Swan Valley - January 20, 2021
- Family Friendly Breweries in Margaret River and South West WA - January 20, 2021
- Roho Bure, Leederville - January 19, 2021
- The Alkaline Café, Albany - January 19, 2021
- Laika Coffee, Lathlain - January 14, 2021
- Top Things to Do and Eat at Elizabeth Quay - January 10, 2021
- Stella Gelato, West Swan - December 22, 2020
- Swan Valley Station, Henley Brook - December 22, 2020
- Kalamunda Night Markets - December 21, 2020
- Best Museums in Perth for Kids - December 7, 2020