The inner city suburb of Lathlain, wedged near Vic Park and Burswood, is a hip little spot for young families. As well as having a mini café strip and shady parks, Lathlain is also home the the West Coast Eagles. There’s a really good feel to the area – which is why I keep returning to Laika Coffee.
Lakia is one of three eateries at Lathlain Place. Cosy Dels and Kettle Café are also very popular. The coffee here is roasted onsite and is good – VERY good. Little Chef loved the vanilla milkshake and epic cookie sandwich.
I’ve visited several times, the brunch menu is one of Perth’s best.
The kids menu (Jan 2021) is small, but provides sweet and savory options for little ones.
And of course the cabinet is brimming with freshly made rolls, slices, brownies, muffins and raw treats.
Outside, there’s a basketball half court. Little Chef really enjoyed shooting some hoops.
There’s a grassed area, with plenty of seating and room for strollers. Baby change facilities are also available.
A thirty second walk in either direction of Laika will take you to shady parks. Rayment Park has a huge range of play equipment, from a traditional gated playground, to a vast nature play area, and a flying fox with climbing equipment at the far end.
On the Vic Park side, you’ll see the impressive Mineral Resources Park, where you may spot a West Coast Eagle or two training on a mid-week morning. There is also a small nature play area, skate park and basket ball court too.
Be sure to pop into Lakia for a delicious brunch with kids. It’s a great, central spot too meet up with friends for a coffee and play in the park too!
Find Laika Coffee at 11 Lathlain Place, Lathlain.
- Family Friendly Breweries in Perth and the Swan Valley - January 20, 2021
- Family Friendly Breweries in Margaret River and South West WA - January 20, 2021
- Roho Bure, Leederville - January 19, 2021
- The Alkaline Café, Albany - January 19, 2021
- Laika Coffee, Lathlain - January 14, 2021
- Top Things to Do and Eat at Elizabeth Quay - January 10, 2021
- Stella Gelato, West Swan - December 22, 2020
- Swan Valley Station, Henley Brook - December 22, 2020
- Kalamunda Night Markets - December 21, 2020
- Best Museums in Perth for Kids - December 7, 2020