If your family has an adventurous spirit, be sure to tackle The Bicentennial Tree in Pemberton. The main attraction is the tall karri tree, while there are a few bush trails and interpretive boards too.
The tree is found about 15 minutes’ drive from Pemberton’s town centre in the Warren National Park. Some of the drive is via gravel road, which is well graded and easily driven on by all cars.
The 65-metre-high tree is tallest fire look-out tree in the area. It is an impressive attraction to see, and also to climb! You can climb all the way up to the top. Stopping for a break at the look-out-tower, which is not for everyone, including us.
As you climb higher there is a wire net, as well as a few wooden platforms. We’ve heard most people don’t make it all the way to the top!
We’re not great with heights, and many children were happy to climb the first few pegs and pose for a pic.
There’s a seating area near the base of the tree. Public toilet facilities are near the main car park. It’s also worth noting that there is an entry fee (per car) to the area.
Regardless of whether you’re brave enough to climb the Bicentennial tree, it’s a lovely spot to let children explore and climb.
My son did climb a very old and tall (fallen!) tree.
As a side note, there’s some cute farm stalls in the region and we came across one just north of the tree’s turnoff.
“Ralph’s Organic” was made out of an old SEGA arcade game!
We grabbed some super fresh apples for the car ride back to town.
For those that conquer the Dave Evans Bicentennial Tree Pemberton, there is another climbing tree, The Gloucester Tree in the area.
- Quinninup Tavern, Quinninup - June 29, 2022
- Lake Leschenaultia Mountain Bike Trails, Chidlow - June 23, 2022
- Things to do on a Rainy Day in Perth with Kids - June 18, 2022
- Big Brook Dam, Pemberton - June 14, 2022
- The Best Swan Valley Cafes for Kids - June 14, 2022
- Source Kitchen, Pemberton - June 5, 2022
- Kid Friendly Swan Valley Breakfast Spots - May 25, 2022
- The Best Waterfalls in Perth - May 25, 2022
- Swan Valley Station, Henley Brook - May 24, 2022
- Ooh La Lollipop, Bridgetown - May 21, 2022