The Denmark area is renowned for their excellent wineries, though we visited somewhere a little different, Bartholomew’s Meadery. Mead, or honey wine, is the world’s oldest alcoholic drink.
The meadery is well worth a visit for families. At the cellar door you can see the bees at work, as well as taste the various types of meads on offer. The kids can enjoy some of the house made honey ice creams.
Bartholomew’s Meadery has won many awards for their mead and honey. The family run meadery specialises in the ancient craft of making mead, which is made from locally sourced natural honey. They also sell many different honey products. The pure honey is not processed, it comes straight from the hive.
There’s a viewing hive inside the meadery, where you can see if you can spot the Queen bee amongst the hundreds of busy bees in the glass bee hive!
There are also many bee and honey products available to purchase, including bee pollen, beeswax and royal jelly products.
We really enjoyed their creamy ice cream. There are lots of delicious flavour combinations, all including honey – of course! There are honey and vanilla, honey and passion fruit, honey and ginger, honey and banana and much more.
Bartholomew’s Meadery is open each day from 9.30am to 4.30pm. During the school holidays, it is open 9am to 5pm.
Find Bartholomew’s Meadery
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- Family Friendly Perth Restaurants & Cafes Offering Take Away - March 25, 2020
- 20 Indoor Activities for Parents - March 21, 2020
- 40 Fun Indoor Activities for Kids at Home - March 15, 2020
- Kingsway Markets, Madeley - March 11, 2020
- Playgrounds with Sporting Facilities in Perth - March 4, 2020
- Family Friendly Breweries in Perth and the Swan Valley - March 4, 2020
- The Ultimate Kid-Friendly Guide to Hillarys Boat Harbour - March 3, 2020
- Stadium Café, Lathlain - February 29, 2020