The new foodie hub at Westfield Whitford City is an entertainment and dining hot spot. We checked out just one of the many new restaurants, the Whitfords Brewing Co. Inside you’ll one of the longest bars in WA and upstairs there is a rooftop terrace, from which you’ll be able to enjoy sunsets in the evening. Whitfords Brewing Co is from the peeps from Beerland, who are behind the Northbridge Brewing Co. We sat at a high table near the bar and a friendly waitress brought Little Chef an activity pack, as soon as we sat down. There are also high chairs for little ones.
For a weekday lunchtime the brewery was pumping and it has a jolly atmosphere. On tap are the WBC’s ale, lager, a wheat beer, kolsch and IPA, as well as brews from other craft breweries.
There’s a decent kids menu at Whitfords Brewing Co, which offers a healthy option of chicken salad. The homemade meatball pasta sounds like a winner too!
Little Chef chose the mini beef slider and chips from the varied kid’s menu. The slider was oozing with cheese and looked delicious.
The large menu features all the crowd favourites. Chef picked the angus burger ($19). A succulent, flame grilled patty sits on a bun, along with shredded lettuce, aioli, cheese, dill pickle, house-made tomato chutney. He loved the patty, which had a real homemade taste to it.
I chose the roast pumpkin pizza, on a gluten-free base. I find the GF substitutes very hit and miss, but this base was not far off the real deal. Topped with a tasty combo of Danish feta, rocket, caramelised onion and cashews.
If you prefer to dine al fresco, there are dining areas outside, overlooking the lush and green central space of the new Whitford City piazza, where there’s a small stage for live entertainment and sculptures.
These sculptures double as an interesting place for children to play and explore.
We had no complaints with the pub-style food. I’m sure we’ll be back to check out the rooftop terrace and I’ve no doubt this spot will soon become a northern suburbs favourite. With so much at the Whitfords piazza to discover and it’s a brilliant place for lunch with the family before a movie at Event Cinemas or even a cheeky date night.
Find more family-friendly restaurants in Perth
- 50 Ideas for Father’s Day in Perth - August 12, 2020
- Adventure Golf Midland - August 5, 2020
- Cycling with Kids in Perth - May 29, 2020
- COVID-Safe Kids Birthday Parties in Perth - May 15, 2020
- National Parks and Regional Parks in Perth - April 30, 2020
- Mother’s Day Gift Ideas in Perth - April 24, 2020
- Best Book Shops for Kids in Perth - April 15, 2020
- Family Friendly Perth Restaurants & Cafes Offering Take Away - April 10, 2020
- Virtual Tours of Perth and WA Attractions - April 7, 2020
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020