This weekend saw the opening of the new outdoor pirate play area at Secret Harbour Square right next to Jamaica Blue! We’ve been pretty excited about this opening with a baby and a toddler it’s a total win, win, coffee and an enclosed play area!
The play area not only looks amazing with a very cool ‘sail the seven seas’ mural along the back wall it has great play equipment offering a fantastic space for little ones to explore and play in after shopping or while you have coffee and something to eat at Jamaica Blue!
The play park is fenced and accessed by a secure gate in the alfresco area of Jamaica Blue, you can also see the play park from the rear seating area inside the cafe. There is another security gate on the street side of the play park so you can stay and play anytime.
There are three individual sections that make up the pirate ship, all with different features one that has lots of climbing ropes and cool portholes to look out of. The middle section is slightly lower for small children with a slide and the rear section has a cool platform with a higher slide. They will be adding some seating for parents at the far end of the play park over the next few weeks as well as shade sails ready for summer.
There is parking right outside the play area and bike racks making it easy to cycle there or stop off at for a quick play. Inside the centre there is a fantastic parents room, this is opposite Jamaica Blue making it very handy for the play area.
The centre itself is really family friendly with lots of activities for children on over the holidays and at weekends including face painting and cupcake decorating! Plus they are running a Dollar dash incentive at the moment with lots of prizes on offer #dollardash
Jamaica Blue are offering a Melbourne Cup ladies lunch three courses for $40 contact the cafe to find out more details about this event. 08 9593 0568
Find more shopping centres with play areas in Perth
- Messy Mat Perth - August 23, 2018
- Winter Wonderland, Mandurah Foreshore - July 11, 2018
- Take 5 Ice Cream Parlour – Baldivis Square - December 13, 2017
- Santa’s Magical Castle, Mandurah Forum - November 29, 2017
- Aqua Jetty Leisure Centre, Rockingham - November 14, 2017
- Slime Time at AQWA - October 17, 2017
- Rockingham Aquatic Centre - October 11, 2017
- Pirate Play area at Secret Harbour Square - October 10, 2017
- Brotzeit, Baldivis - August 15, 2017
- Rebound Port Kennedy - July 25, 2017