The Motion Academy in Balcatta is a mixed movement facility that offers a variety of services including Parkour, Gymnastics, School Holiday Programs, Teen Classes and Birthday Parties.
Last school holidays my 10 year old daughter and 9 year old nephew participated in the Parkour Camp which is designed for children aged 5 – 13 years, it’s been weeks and they are still talking about how much fun they had! Parkour Camp runs from 9:00am – 12:30pm, parents can drop and go or stay and watch – there’s plenty of seating, a TV screen so you can see all the different sections of the gym and free WIFI which is perfect for parents like me who like to work on the go.
Both kids have had previous experience in Parkour (however no experience is nessasary) and agreed if their previous clubs were as fun and as interactive as The Motion Academy they wouldn’t have given it up.
The coaches are fabulous and have a flexible approach to teaching all the kids new skills and tricks in a way they understand. The first half of the day is focused on cool parkour moves while developing strength, power and balance – in a fun way of course. I loved watching the kids confidence grow during these activities.
The second half was a parkour addition game of The Floor is Lava which all the kids absolouely loved. My daughter took the course very seriously, anyone would have thought the floor was actually lava!
It is super easy to book online with 1 or 5 day passes available (make sure you look out for the early bird discount code). Kids need to come prepared with a drink bottle, joggers, and snacks for morning tea.
The Motion Academy
2 / 146 Balcatta Road, Balcatta
- Mammas HQ, Wembley - October 7, 2021
- 50 Easy Elf on the Shelf Ideas - October 5, 2021
- Ready, set, play with the Westfield Kids Pass - September 16, 2021
- 10 Tips for Experiencing The Perth Royal Show on a Budget - September 6, 2021
- Beatty Park Leisure Centre - August 26, 2021
- The Kids’ Bridge, Perth Children’s Hospital - August 11, 2021
- Brookfield Winter Lights Festival - August 11, 2021
- Funky Monkey Bars - August 1, 2021
- Top 10 Things to do in Mandurah this Winter - July 25, 2021
- Salt and Bush Eco Tours - July 25, 2021