What rings out summer more than a good old Aussie BBQ??
So, if you’re looking for a new picnic spot this summer, then look no further then North Dandalup Dam.
Just off the South Western Highway lies a hidden gem, and with it only being an hour away from Perth, it makes for the perfect day trip out.
This recreational lake is surrounded by the dam walls, making it feel like you’re totally secluded from the outside world especially when visiting during the weekdays when you can pretty much have the place to yourself.
North Dandaulp Dam is open every day from 8am-6pm, but closes 5pm during the winter months, making it a great full day experience.
This lake has everything you need in one spot- toilets, shaded shelters, parking, water and BBQs. All which are in great condition and well looked after.
There are signs saying no swimming in the lake, but our little ones really enjoyed sitting on the surrounding beach playing in the sand, making sandcastles and paddling in and out of the water.
If there are no shelters left, don’t worry just bring a picnic rug with you as there is so much room for everyone to enjoy!
Just two little tips- Firstly bring everything you need with you, as there isn’t really any facilities near by and secondly make sure to keep shoes on while on the grass, the grass is full of tiny bindies!
- Mandurah Christmas Lights Trail - November 16, 2023
- Sandy Cove Tavern, South Yunderup - May 17, 2023
- Crocs Play Centre Pinjarra - December 6, 2022
- North Dandalup Dam - December 6, 2022
- Earl of Spencer Bar and Restaurant, Albany - November 30, 2022
- Chainsaw Sculpture Drive Albany - November 30, 2022
- Baldivis Children’s Forest - November 23, 2022
- Effervescent Kids Sensory Sessions - November 17, 2022
- Village Beach, Wannanup - November 3, 2022
- Marrinup Falls Walk, Dwellingup - October 12, 2022