Situated outside Lone Star at Cockburn Gateway Shopping Centre is a great little play area for energetic kids who love to climb.
There are two structures, both covered by shade sails and surrounded by rubber soft fall. The first is a cage-like rope structure with a low tunnel opening at each end. Inside there are climbing ropes with rubber foot holds, a rope seat, and a rubber swing. This may be best suited to younger children, though toddlers may need some assistance.
The second structure features a twisty ladder at one end, and a rock climbing-style wall at the other. There are some trickier rope ladders than the first structure, including some that go over the top. Miss almost 3 thought the green plastic recliner chair in the bottom was pretty awesome, but struggled with the rest of it. It’s a bit more challenging.
Nearby to these climbing frames, there are some park benches, some plastic seating, and even some concrete blocks set in the soft fall you can sit on.
This outdoor play area is partially blocked off from the nearby roadway. It is set back enough from the road that little runners should be able to be caught before getting into trouble.
This little play area would be a great spot to let the kids blow off a bit of steam before or after shopping or dining nearby. If you’re in need of a coffee, Coffee Club and Chocolateria San Churro are a short walk away, or other coffee shops such Jamaica Blue or Muffin Break are available inside the centre.
If you’re needing to stop off and change a younger child during your visit, the parent room near Miss Maud in the Food Court area has recently been renovated with a clean, fresh look. It now features three private feeding rooms, as well as a child/parent toilet, change tables and a comfy lounge. The layout is much more open compared to the previous one. To keep older siblings busy while baby is cared for, the centre has had two wall-mounted touch screen games consoles installed. Miss almost 3 had fun trying out a bubble popping game.
Overall, these areas are very clean and family friendly, and make a shopping centre visit with children that little bit more pleasant.
The shaded outdoor play area is located outside Lone Star at Cockburn Gateway on Beeliar Drive, Success.
- Chinese New Year Events in Perth - January 25, 2021
- Family Friendly Events for February - January 22, 2021
- Australia Day Family Events in Perth - December 30, 2020
- January Family Friendly Events in Perth - December 20, 2020
- New Years Events for Families 2020/2021 - December 8, 2020
- December Family Friendly Events in Perth 2020 - November 20, 2020
- Santa Letters And Other Christmas Magic Ideas - November 16, 2020
- Restaurants Open on Christmas Day in Perth - November 5, 2020
- Family Friendly Events for November - October 21, 2020
- Stirling Tree Trail 2020 - September 29, 2020