The Kingsway Markets are found at the Olympic Kingsway Soccer Clubrooms, in the Kingsway sporting complex in Madeley. The market is held each and every Saturday morning, from 8am until noon. Be sure to take along a cooler bag or esky. There are a few fruit and vegetable stalls brimming with fresh local produce, as well as meats. I brought some fresh cucumbers and beautiful glossy eggplants grown just up the road, near Carrabooda.
As well as stalls selling fresh produce, there may be cupcakes, artisan foods (like gourmet popcorn), accessories for your dog, and much more. There are usually around 30 stalls to browse.
At the Kingsway Markets you can also buy a tasty sausage sizzle or bacon and egg roll for breakfast, or enjoy a coffee or juice. There was a good range of food vendors – even satay sticks. The stalls and food trucks change regularly.
There’s plenty of tables and chairs set up on the grass, or why not take your own camp chairs and a picnic rug. It’s a lovely spot to soak up the live entertainment, which gives the market a bustling atmosphere.
Kids activities are available each week, and they often change. The week we visited, there was both face painting and origami making – both for a small charge.
There is also a kiddie area set up with mini tables and a few toys.
The market being at Kingsway makes it is a wonderful place to take the whole family. It is very child friendly, being situated next to a playground, beyond that is the new dinosaur themed splash zone and the dinosaur playground is on the other side of that.
The Kingsway Market’s line-up of stalls change a little each week, this is usually advertised on social media a few days prior. There are public toilets onsite. It’s best to take cash as there is no ATM, though some stalls do take EFTPOS. Dogs on leads are welcome.
Start your weekends with a coffee and bite to eat. Be sure to support small local businesses and check the Kingsway Markets out.
Kingsway Markets – The Details
Address: 34L Bellerive Blvd, Madeley.
Parking: plenty of free onsite parking.
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- Family Friendly Perth Restaurants & Cafes Offering Take Away - March 25, 2020
- 20 Indoor Activities for Parents - March 21, 2020
- 40 Fun Indoor Activities for Kids at Home - March 15, 2020
- Kingsway Markets, Madeley - March 11, 2020
- Playgrounds with Sporting Facilities in Perth - March 4, 2020
- Family Friendly Breweries in Perth and the Swan Valley - March 4, 2020
- The Ultimate Kid-Friendly Guide to Hillarys Boat Harbour - March 3, 2020
- Stadium Café, Lathlain - February 29, 2020