Fremantle Leisure Centre has recently under gone a $3 million plus refurbishment which was completed in April 2014. The Leisure Centre is located near Fremantle Train Station and the free Fremantle CAT bus stops right outside. Car parking for the leisure centre is available in car park 14. You need to purchase a ticket and then bring in the tear away copy to reception and they will deduct the amount from your entry fee.
Fremantle Leisure Centre endorses Watch Around Water Policies. This means children under the age of 5 are not admitted to the centre without an appropriate full-fee paying adult who is prepared to swim.
The Leisure Centre consists of 4 heated swimming pools located undercover and outdoor catering for a range of uses.
For families, there is the undercover leisure pool which has a depth of 0.2 metres. The leisure pool used to be home to the much-loved water playground but sadly this has been removed. The main feature of the pool now is the big green frog slide.
There is also a yellow slide, mushroom fountain and some spray guns.
Connected to the pool via a water ramp is additional pool area which is 0.9 metres deep and has a turbo whirlpool and seated jet area.
Also situated undercover is a 25m lap pool consisting of 8 lanes and a range in depth from 1.05m to 1.10m.
Fremantle Leisure Centre also boasts a 50m outdoor pool consisting of 8 lap lanes and a range of depth from 1.05m to 1.8m.
Running alongside the Fremantle leisure Centre pool is another grassy area covered by shade sails.
If you fancy a swim in peace or a gym workout then you may wish to make use of the crèche facility for children aged 3 months to six years. The crèche is located near the gym and offers a fun indoor play area as well as a shaded outdoor area.
If all that swimming works up an appetite then you can head to the Leisure Café which offers a range of sandwiches, hot food, juices, protein drinks, coffee and ice cream.
Fremantle Leisure Centre is located at 10 Shuffrey Street. For opening times and more information visit www.fremantle.wa.gov.au/leisurecentre/Centre_information
Find more Aquatic Centres in Perth
- Baby Massage 101: A First-Time Parent’s Guide - October 21, 2021
- Best Subscription Boxes for Kids - October 20, 2021
- Tokyo Treat Subscription Box Review - October 19, 2021
- Kids Halloween Party Food - October 14, 2021
- Ancient Greeks: Athletes, Warriors and Heroes Exhibition at WA Museum Boola Bardip - October 7, 2021
- Best Non-Chocolate Advent Calendars for Kids 2021 - October 5, 2021
- Aloft Perth Review - September 29, 2021
- 4 Ways To Treat Your Family After Winning Powerball - September 15, 2021
- 5 comfortable and stylish outfits to wear this winter - September 14, 2021
- The Parkerville Tavern - September 1, 2021