PowerPlay Perth, located in Joondalup, is Perth is WA’s only two-level indoor go-karting track featuring state of the art super-fast electric karts!
Being electric means there are no petrol fumes and the cars are capable of reaching a top speed of 70kms an hour! But fear not, PowerPlay operates a world-class safety system. If Juniors are riding then PowerPlay can slow the karts or set maximum speeds and they can instantly shut off one or all karts at once if required.
To partake in the fun at PowerPlay riders need to be 10 years old and over plus meet the height requirement of 140cm.
All racers must wear a balaclava. You can bring your own balaclava or purchase one at PowerPlay for $4. There is a choice of black, pink or blue. It is also important to have no loose clothing and wear enclosed shoes. Long hair must be tied back.
A session involves around 15 minutes on the track with adults racing 18 laps whereas children aged 10-16 years have 15 laps. A short safety video is screened before each race and then it’s time to put on your helmet and choose your kart ready to race!
The first lap of the race is set a slower speed to allow drivers to get used to the kart and the track and then the pace quickens. An electric timing system instantly shows who’s fastest on the big screen.
When the race is over you can take your victory picture on the winner’s podium!
If you are not racing there is a large spectators area next to the track. There is no cafe, only a couple of vending machines.
You’ll also find an arcade area.
PowerPlay is available for private functions, corporate bookings, team building days, parties and events and has a capacity of up to 100 people with catering available.
PowerPlay is open seven days per week 10am to 9pm and is located at 136 Winton Road, Joondalup.
For more information, current pricing and to book visit powerplayperth.com.au
- Book Week 2021 Costume Ideas - July 26, 2021
- Infant Nutrition 101: 9 Foods Infants Can And Can’t Eat - June 22, 2021
- How To Host A Flower-Themed Summer Backyard Party For Kids - June 8, 2021
- 5 Tips To Help Kids Adjust After A Divorce - May 27, 2021
- 7 Things to Keep Your Kids Entertained on a Family Road Trip - May 27, 2021
- The FluBub Study – Protecting Young Babies from Influenza - May 24, 2021
- Children’s Fever 101: When To Worry And When To Relax - May 14, 2021
- 6 Tips To Keep Your Children Healthy During The Pandemic - May 7, 2021
- Rockface Indoor Rock Climbing Balcatta - May 5, 2021
- Chicken and Beer Festival - May 3, 2021