Heading to Yanchep Lagoon? Pop over the road for a post-swim iced coffee! Orion Café is a popular spot, with an ocean view. Once known as the Yanchep Beach Lagoon Café, this simple cafe has everything you could want of a beachside cafe – good coffee, takeaway options and ice cream. Plus, sandy feet are welcome.
There’s indoor seating, with that stunning lagoon view. Outside, there’s plenty of seating too (may be more comfortable if you come straight off the beach!). When I visited, they were constructing a pergola, to provide more covered dining outside.
There’s a small, fenced play area for little kids here. Suited best for young children, the shaded playground is overlooked by plenty of tables. There’s plenty to keep toddlers busy, including sand play.
While I can’t comment on the food, as we were just ordering takeaway drinks, there were plenty of people dining on this Sunday breakfast time. There’s a few kids brekkie options too.
As well as a decent cabinet offering of sweet and savory snacks to take away.
The service was friendly and prompt. I grabbed an iced latte and iced chocolate, to take away and enjoy down on the sand, while the kids splashed about in Yanchep Lagoon. As well as good coffee, they serve up fresh juices and more.
Orion Cafe is a busy brunch and lunch spot, plus it is also open for dinner on Friday and Saturday evenings. This menu is brimming with seafood and firm favourites like fish and chips to enjoy with a sunset view.
With it being a hot weekend, and Nippers lesson on, there were a lot of people there. There is a large car park across the road, but be prepared to do lots of driving around if you visit during peak times.
Visit their Facebook Page for more.
Find Orion Café at 10 Brazier Rd, Yanchep
- Grounded Cafe at Northshore Kallaroo - December 6, 2023
- Best Outdoor Cinemas in Perth – 2023/2024 - December 6, 2023
- S&R Orchard Christmas and Fruit Picking Festival, Walliston - December 1, 2023
- Masonmill Gardens, Carmel - November 22, 2023
- Perth’s Outback Splash, Bullsbrook - November 21, 2023
- The Maze at Perth’s Outback Splash - November 21, 2023
- The Best Water Slides in Perth - November 19, 2023
- Bilya Koort Boodja Cultural Centre, Northam - November 15, 2023
- The Kid-Friendly Guide to Scarborough - November 8, 2023
- Zoie Cafe, Scarborough - November 8, 2023