Maylands Library is a fairly small library within The Rise building on Eighth Venue. Despite being small, it has a good sized inviting children’s area.
The children’s area has lots of easily accessible books, a small play kitchen, a play fire truck and a colourful mat with some fun seating options.
Miss 2 and Miss 4 loved the imaginary play and would look at some books for a short time and then run back to the kitchen and fire engine.
The library also has plenty of computers and a range of different seating areas for adults.
Baby Rhyme Time is held at 10am on Monday’s and Thursdays and Storytime is on at 10.30 on Tuesdays. There’s also a range of school holidays programs and adult classes that can be found on their website.
As the library is located within The Rise building, there’s a number of services that are available all in the one place. These include a gym, crèche and child health nurse. A great initiative, just outside the library entrance, that I haven’t seen before, is a gopher recharge and parking station.
The Rise, 28 Eighth Avenue, Maylands
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday; 9am – 8pm
Wednesday and Friday; 9am – 5.30
Saturday; 9am – 12pm
- Victoria Park Hotel, Vic Park - March 9, 2020
- Belmont Oasis Leisure Centre - November 2, 2019
- Ponies For Any Occasion - September 4, 2019
- Café du Quartier, Herne Hill - July 31, 2019
- Einsteins Top Secret Science Slime Party - June 28, 2019
- Hard Rock Hotel, Bali - June 6, 2019
- Kids Town Galleria Shopping Centre - May 1, 2019
- Riverton Bar & Grill, Riverton - March 6, 2019
- Theo & Co. Pizzeria, East Victoria Park - February 17, 2019
- Gymbakids, LeisureFit Melville - February 17, 2019