The historic Left Bank is a top spot for a family lunch on a sunny day. We nabbed a table out the front, overlooking the Swan River and its amazing views of the traffic bridges, Fremantle port and beyond.
There’s seating inside the conservatory, in the popular leafy courtyard and out the front too. I had called earlier, to make a booking, as I know the Left Bank can get really busy but found that they have a walk in policy. That was fine with us.
The Left Bank has a big menu full of all the pub food favourites. Children have a few options to pick from on the kids menu.
Once seated, Chef went over to the bar and ordered our drinks and food. For little ones there are high chairs, baby change facilities are found in the disabled toilets and when we visited we found there’s plenty of room for a pram too. Little Chef got a FREE colouring in activity pack along with his meal. There were crayons, colouring in sheets, puzzles, stickers and more, that kept him occupied.
Chef enjoyed a pint, while I treated myself to a cheeky mojito. Not long after we ordered, the food arrived promptly.
There are a few gluten free options, I chose the grilled Barramundi served with Kipfler potatoes, chorizo, kale, capsicum vinegar.
Little Chef chose the kids Cheeseburger and Chips. There’s also fish n chips, pizza and mac and cheese for the little ones.
Chef tucked into the huge “Wharfies Burger” packed with a beef patty, Monterey Jack cheese, mustard, pickles, battered onion rings, salad, aioli in a toasted pretzel bun. As if all that wasn’t enough, Chef upgraded, adding bacon and egg to his burger – delicious!
The Left Bank IS a lovely spot to spend a couple of hours with your loves, under the pine trees, gazing at the river over a lazy lunch!
The Left Bank is located at 15 Riverside Road, East Fremantle.
Find more family friendly restaurants in Perth
Amanda and her family dined as guests of the Left Bank.
- Grounded Cafe at Northshore Kallaroo - December 6, 2023
- Best Outdoor Cinemas in Perth – 2023/2024 - December 6, 2023
- S&R Orchard Christmas and Fruit Picking Festival, Walliston - December 1, 2023
- Masonmill Gardens, Carmel - November 22, 2023
- Perth’s Outback Splash, Bullsbrook - November 21, 2023
- The Maze at Perth’s Outback Splash - November 21, 2023
- The Best Water Slides in Perth - November 19, 2023
- Bilya Koort Boodja Cultural Centre, Northam - November 15, 2023
- The Kid-Friendly Guide to Scarborough - November 8, 2023
- Zoie Cafe, Scarborough - November 8, 2023