Canteen Trigg is in a picturesque spot directly overlooking the Indian Ocean with both inside and alfresco seating, Canteen is a fresh and modern café offering an interesting, well-priced menu available to dine in or take away.
The menu offers the usual fare Kailis is well known for such as Traditional Fish and Chips ($11.5), Squid Rings and Chips ($14.50) and Seafood Basket and chips ($18.50).
This accompanies a more exciting modern menu featuring Fish Poke – a Hawaiian raw fish salad with Japanese inspired condiments, seaweed salad and brown rice ($15) a range of tasty salad trays and burgers.
Also on offer in the display cabinet is a range a wraps and delicious looking cakes.
We tried out the Seared Halloumi Salad Tray served with roasted vegetables, toasted mixed seeds and caramelized vinaigrette.
And the Grilled Chicken Salad Tray served with braised chickpeas, feta, tomato, capsicum, cucumber, lemon and oregano dressing. Both were really delicious!
The kids’ menu includes Fish and chips, squid and chips or a salad wrap all priced at $7.
Canteen also offers a breakfast menu until 11 am. Again most items are well priced ranging from $10 – $18.
The big draw for families is the onsite nature playground which features a slide, sandpit, boat and balancing logs.
The only negative is the playground is positioned away from the main alfresco seating area. There were a few stools out there when we visited but you could always take along a picnic rug and throw it down on the small grassy area that surrounds the playground. The playground is located right next to the car park so you would need to keep a close eye on little ones.
I love the Canteen Trigg is located right next to the beach access giving you the opportunity enjoy your fish and chips on the beach.
- Baby Massage 101: A First-Time Parent’s Guide - October 21, 2021
- Best Subscription Boxes for Kids - October 20, 2021
- Tokyo Treat Subscription Box Review - October 19, 2021
- Kids Halloween Party Food - October 14, 2021
- Ancient Greeks: Athletes, Warriors and Heroes Exhibition at WA Museum Boola Bardip - October 7, 2021
- Best Non-Chocolate Advent Calendars for Kids 2021 - October 5, 2021
- Aloft Perth Review - September 29, 2021
- 4 Ways To Treat Your Family After Winning Powerball - September 15, 2021
- 5 comfortable and stylish outfits to wear this winter - September 14, 2021
- The Parkerville Tavern - September 1, 2021