Canteen Trigg is in a picturesque spot directly overlooking the Indian Ocean with both inside and alfresco seating, Canteen is a fresh and modern café offering an interesting, well-priced menu available to dine in or take away.
The menu offers the usual fare Kailis is well known for such as Traditional Fish and Chips ($11.5), Squid Rings and Chips ($14.50) and Seafood Basket and chips ($18.50).
This accompanies a more exciting modern menu featuring Fish Poke – a Hawaiian raw fish salad with Japanese inspired condiments, seaweed salad and brown rice ($15) a range of tasty salad trays and burgers.
Also on offer in the display cabinet is a range a wraps and delicious looking cakes.
We tried out the Seared Halloumi Salad Tray served with roasted vegetables, toasted mixed seeds and caramelized vinaigrette.
And the Grilled Chicken Salad Tray served with braised chickpeas, feta, tomato, capsicum, cucumber, lemon and oregano dressing. Both were really delicious!
The kids’ menu includes Fish and chips, squid and chips or a salad wrap all priced at $7.
Canteen also offers a breakfast menu until 11 am. Again most items are well priced ranging from $10 – $18.
The big draw for families is the onsite nature playground which features a slide, sandpit, boat and balancing logs.
The only negative is the playground is positioned away from the main alfresco seating area. There were a few stools out there when we visited but you could always take along a picnic rug and throw it down on the small grassy area that surrounds the playground. The playground is located right next to the car park so you would need to keep a close eye on little ones.
I love the Canteen Trigg is located right next to the beach access giving you the opportunity enjoy your fish and chips on the beach.
- Make Your Own Pizza at Mashbrewing, Swan Valley - July 8, 2020
- Troublemaker Burgers, Yagan Square - July 6, 2020
- Next Level Monkey Business, Dunsborough - May 25, 2020
- Online Library Activities & Services During COVID-19 - April 24, 2020
- Free Online Exercise Classes for Kids - April 3, 2020
- Swan Valley Adventure Centre School Holiday Program - March 16, 2020
- Top Items You Need For Middle School - March 15, 2020
- Little Herberts, Wembley - January 22, 2020
- Bathers Beach House, Fremantle - December 11, 2019
- Charter 1 Sailing, Fremantle - November 20, 2019