Beatty Park Leisure Centre is located 3 km north of Perth CBD and was originally built in 1962, Beatty Park is now one of Perth’s largest and in my opinion best leisure centres in Perth.
As you enter there is a swim shop on the left where you can purchase bathers, goggles, floaties, thongs and other swimming related items.
Once inside there is a large heated leisure pool and water playground specifically designed for children and families, the depth of the water varies from 0.0m to 0.9m. The beach type entry makes entering and exiting the water easy. At the edge of the entrance are waterspouts and water spray arches.
A few steps into the water you will find a frog slide, it is very popular with young kids.
There is also a tipping bucket which is a huge hit with kids of all ages.
My 10 year old was a big fan of the netball hoops.
Waterslides are coming back soon.
There is also an 25m heated lap pool with a depth of 0.9m to 1.2m, kids are able to play in the leisure lane, the swimming lanes are reserved for swimmers only.
There is a spa/sauna/steam room for swimmers 16 years and older, usage requires an additional fee.
Outside there are another 3 pools, a 50m x 10 lane heated pool with a depth from 1.2m to 1.8m.
30m heated pool with a depth of 1.8m to 2.0m.
12m x 12m ‘Learn to Swim’ heated pool with a depth of 0.9m to 1.2m.
In addition to the pools, there is a lovely grassed area with shade sails.
Beatty Park has been designed with universal access in mind to cater for the elderly, parents with prams and for people with disabilities. Patrons can access all areas of the Centre via ramps, with the exception of the upper grandstand. The indoor pools can be easily accessed via the beach entry. The outdoor pools can be accessed via stairs, ramp and with handrails, there is also a hydraulic hoist and water wheelchair available to those who require additional assistance into the water.
The Beatty Park Cafe overlooks the water playground and is the perfect place to enjoy a light meal or drink after a swim.
Other facilities at Beatty Park Leisure Centre include a creche, gym, lockers, family change rooms, and clubrooms.
Beatty Park Leisure Centre
- Whiteman Park: Woylie Walk - February 3, 2024
- Island Aqua Park, Hillarys Boat Harbour - January 5, 2024
- Padbury Pickings, Herne Hill – Grape Picking Perth - January 2, 2024
- Elizabeth Quay Fun Fair 2023 - December 14, 2023
- The Beach House, Jindalee - December 12, 2023
- Silver Sponge, Hand Car Wash - November 29, 2023
- The Magic of Christmas at Wanneroo Botanic Gardens - November 29, 2023
- Human Potential Exhibition, Scitech - November 9, 2023
- Alinta Energy Christmas Pageant 2023 - October 31, 2023
- Myer Santaland, Perth - October 29, 2023