Whistlers Chocolate Company is one of the many places to visit with kids in the Swan Valley. Whistlers is a Western Australian family owned business and are the oldest confectionary company in the state. Their original premises located in Belmont produces the old favourites such as Rocky Road, Chocolate Liquorice and Peanut Brittle.
But their Swan Valley location is a ‘must visit’ for all chocolate lovers. All the old favourites are available to purchase and when we visited on a hot summer’s day it was lovely and cool inside-no danger of the chocolate melting!
Unlike the Margaret River Chocolate Company, you won’t find copious amounts of free chocolate tastings on offer. However, at the ice-cream counter, there was a small selection of different chocolates to sample if you ask the sales assistant nicely.
There is a café to the rear of the building selling a selection of sandwiches and cakes. There are a few high chairs available too.
The café offers a choice of seating – inside in the main café area at the Cocoa Lounge or outside on the shady terrace.The outside area is fabulous for kids. There is a very large grassy area – perfect for running off the sugar rush from all that yummy chocolate! Dotted around the grassy area are several picnic tables.
There is also two large sand pits which are shaded and come complete with a large chalk board. That should amuse the kids for quite a while!
For the older kids, there are free retro game machines situated inside just outside of the café area.
On display in the store is a very large castle made completely out of chocolate which Miss 4 thought was amazing!Definitely worth a visit any time of year!
Whistlers Chocolate Company
506 Great Northern Highway
Middle Swan, Western Australia 6056
Tel:(08) 9274 7777
Find more family friendly restaurants
Find more things to do in the Swan Valley
- The Parkerville Tavern - September 1, 2021
- Zone Bowling Birthday Party - August 31, 2021
- Five Reasons Why You Need to See West Australian Ballet’s Coppélia - August 25, 2021
- Bullsbrook Strawberry Farm, Strawberry Picking Perth - August 24, 2021
- Kien Strawberry Farm - August 7, 2021
- 5 Ways To Teach Children How To Love And Care For Animals - August 3, 2021
- Book Week 2021 Costume Ideas - July 26, 2021
- Infant Nutrition 101: 9 Foods Infants Can And Can’t Eat - June 22, 2021
- How To Host A Flower-Themed Summer Backyard Party For Kids - June 8, 2021
- 5 Tips To Help Kids Adjust After A Divorce - May 27, 2021