As much as I love the Weekend Farmers Markets I find that I can never get to them as we are always busy with something at the weekend. Wanneroo Markets are open Friday to Sunday and so Friday morning has become a ritual for me to head to Wanneroo Markets to buy my weekly supply of fruit and vegetables.
I have a 3 year old in tow and he loves to come to the market with me. As we are regulars to the markets we now know lots of the stall sellers and at the Kiddies Corner inside the Food Court there is a lovely lady who does free face painting for kids which is the highlight of the day for my little one.
Besides finding a good variety of fruits and vegetables there are several stalls selling all sorts of things.
You can buy seeds and nuts from an authentic Middle Eastern grocery shop; locally produced honey and jam; frozen fresh fish; second hand and new clothes; toys for kids; gifts and books and plenty more.
There are also a few collectable shops; a two buck shop; a music shop; a flower shop; an African art and gift shop (where you can also attend drumming classes); a few hairdressers and beauty therapists; you can even have acupuncture and Chinese massage and sometimes at the weekend they even have a psychic-tarots reader.
There is also a very good selection of places to eat. The most popular being the traditional and authentic Vietnamese and Turkish food (Mr Goz makes delicious Gozleme located in the food court).
You can also sit at the Café, The Coffee Connection or Mai’s Cafe and have a freshly brewed flavoured coffee. At the popcorn stall, not only do sell big bags of delicious popcorn, you can also buy freshly squeezed lemonade for $5.
For the kids:
-Free Face painting in the Kiddies Corner inside the Food Court (every Friday morning from 10am till 12pm)
-Free bouncy castle (every market day)
-Pony rides every Sunday morning (fees apply)
-Performers in the Food Court outside courtyard (every weekend)
Check the Wannneroo Markets website for details.
- Denmark Thrills Adventure Park - May 1, 2019
- Poynter Market Duncraig - May 13, 2017
- Feral Brewing Company, Swan Valley - March 9, 2017
- Scarlet Woods Chalets, Pemberton - March 9, 2017
- Lavender and Berry Farm, Pemberton - March 9, 2017
- The Bush Shack Brewery, Yallingup - February 10, 2017
- Mack Daddys Pizza, Mount Lawley - January 27, 2017
- Bayswater Waves - November 16, 2016
- Scooter Tricks and Skills, Esplanade Youth Plaza, Fremantle - July 8, 2016
- Lego Club at Woodvale Library - May 17, 2016