Banks Reserve is located in Mouth Lawley on the banks of the Swan River, the play space is bearly recognisable after an extensive redevelopment. The new nature-based playground has been cleverly designed around the huge preexisting trees which offer plenty of shade!
The treehouse is definitely a firm favourite and features a spiral slide and climbing net, kids can even climb the fork of the tree.
The sand-free playground (yay for no sandy shoes) also features;
A small bucket swing.
Balancing and stepping logs.
A metal climbing dome.
Banks Reserve also features a small skate park and a multi-court with a basketball hoop and netball ring.
There’s a great sized picnic area complete with picnic tables, BBQs and a water fountain. There are even bike racks if you want to combine a ride along the river with a play/picnic.
Dotted around the area are examples of local Aboriginal art and information plaques about the park’s history. There’s also a big amphitheatre which can be booked through the City of Vincent.
For warm days, head over to the river for a splash or even try your luck fishing! The kids will also love looking for tadpoles and watching all the boats go by.
Located in Mt Lawley with parking available along Joel Terrace.
About Kellie Elliott
Kellie Elliott is a stay at home mum of 4 she enjoys adventuring around Perth with her children and sharing her journeys and experiences on Instagram at Perth Mum Adventures.
- The City of Perth Christmas Lights Trail - November 24, 2020
- Northam Aquatic Facility - November 14, 2020
- Ferry Tram, South Perth - November 12, 2020
- Alinta Energy Christmas Pageant 2020 - November 10, 2020
- Myer Santaland, Perth - November 9, 2020
- 50 Easy Elf on the Shelf Ideas - November 8, 2020
- The Magic of Christmas at Wanneroo Botanic Gardens - November 8, 2020
- Bailey Brewing Co., Henley Brook - November 5, 2020
- Claremont Aquatic Centre, Claremont - November 5, 2020
- Play in Full Colour Treasure Hunt, City of Perth - September 29, 2020
Kellie Elliott is a stay at home mum of 4 she enjoys adventuring around Perth with her children and sharing her journeys and experiences on Instagram.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.